I just got my 520lp running. It will idle just fine but as soon as you give it throttle it will start choking and die. I made sure the oil breather cup was half full of oil but thats all Ive done. I'm sure its the carb but whats the first step to take here? Thanks for you help.
 
You're still on vapor, yes? (If not, reach in and feel the ocnverter, make sure it's not cold and frosted up--it could be coolant blockage keeping the liquid from boiling off, so it's running at idle but not when it needs more fuel. If you are already on liquid, try opening vapor valve and see if it'll run on up.)Check all your linkages, make sure there's not something binding between any of them. Can you tell, is it leaning out or riching up? Depends on that to tell if it's a fuel issue or air problem. Check your airways for dirt dobbers, not sure where you are, but they're going bananas down here in south TX, partly because of the rain, partly because that's what they do, I guess...

Bill
3010LP
 
Im located in Corsicana Texas so dirt dobbers are a big issue. Let me do some more checking here to see what I can find out. I will let you know what I find. My starter is now in the shop so I will check it out as soon as I get the starter back. Thanks for the info.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top