JD 567 baler

bison

Well-known Member
I have this JD 567 silage special baler and are baling alfafa /oat green feed.( fifty % moisture)
For some reason the bales are not that dense and it gives trouble with plastic wrap tearing on the inline wrapper, i did the same last year with no trouble at all. the only difference is that last year i used a NH 114 hay bine and this year i mowed with a NH 499 but i doubt if that has anything to do with it

Anyway the balers density gauge's needle is broken for some years already so i dont know if that system is still working.
Now my question is how much hydr pressure is that gauge suppose to register from low density to high density if i swap the factory gauge with a normal oil pressure gauge?

Thanks
 
JD 56X balers. If it has a fixed pressure relief valve is set at 4000 PSI. If it has an adjustable pressure relief valve high value should be 4000 PSI. Low value is unknown. It would be hard to read the pressure gauge from the tractor seat. You could T into the tensioning block and run it to the cab and have it right next to you while baling. Also works great for for detecting early failures before they happen.

1756367506784.png
 
A bigger diameter gauge would allow for reading and a mark on the glass at the correct pressure would also solve the problem .Other wise it is just another thing to deal with hitching up and unhitching.
 
JD 567 will have an adjustable hyd tension valve from the factory. Have you attempted to adjust that valve to a higher bale pressure?

I've observed pressure gauge on my JD rd balers from tractor seat many times & could determine location of gauge needle. I suggest to install an operating gauge on this baler.

I'll guess a tension cylinder or tension valve is leaking internally on Bison's baler. I suggest with hyd oil at operating temp independently loosen the lower, butt end hose on each tension cylinder. With engine operating move scv control correct direction to pressurize the baler hyd system. Count # of drops of oil that exits loose fitting. IIRC 14-15 drops is maximum # allowed before cylinder piston packing requires R&R.
 
Last edited:
A bigger diameter gauge would allow for reading and a mark on the glass at the correct pressure would also solve the problem .Other wise it is just another thing to deal with hitching up and unhitching.
It really isn't that bad. I could tie it up on the baler if I didn't want it in cab. I can also remove at any time and cap the T. Having it easily accessible and visible has been invaluable. And because it was easily accessible my son was able to make a video of the baler operating properly so I have a baseline to compare should I have issues. Also has been very beneficial for other member of other forums that are questioning if they have issue. The only way to get ahead of an issue is to install a gauge. Otherwise your just wondering. I'm running a 459 but it applies across Deere's line of balers.

Video my son made
 
JD rd balers capable of making 6ft diameter bales come from JD factory with hyd gauge & valve to adjust hyd pressure
I keep forgetting we are talking about 6ft baler. The manual only covers 4 and 5 ft balers. Let me know if I need to remove my post
 
It really isn't that bad. I could tie it up on the baler if I didn't want it in cab. I can also remove at any time and cap the T. Having it easily accessible and visible has been invaluable. And because it was easily accessible my son was able to make a video of the baler operating properly so I have a baseline to compare should I have issues. Also has been very beneficial for other member of other forums that are questioning if they have issue. The only way to get ahead of an issue is to install a gauge. Otherwise your just wondering. I'm running a 459 but it applies across Deere's line of balers.

Video my son made
You could mount it in the cab and have a quick disconnect right outside the cab to couple the line to when baling.
 
JD 56X balers. If it has a fixed pressure relief valve is set at 4000 PSI. If it has an adjustable pressure relief valve high value should be 4000 PSI. Low value is unknown. It would be hard to read the pressure gauge from the tractor seat. You could T into the tensioning block and run it to the cab and have it right next to you while baling. Also works great for for detecting early failures before they happen.

View attachment 126642
I would NOT put any high presdure gauge in a cab! Put it outside. Tape it to the window.
 
Thanks for all the replies folkes, all of them were helpful.
I'll put ina 5000 PSi gage in place of the original.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top