JD 6068HI550 throttle problem

kike800828

New User
Hello, Im new here, I hope not to cause any trouble or violated any rules.
I have a 6068HI550 200 hp 2200rpm using as a power unit with a water pump, so I got an Murphy Tec10 controller to replace my old from Deere. But the throttle buttons won't work. I configurate the control to John deere engine, J1939 protocopl, but I have an error "accelerator pedal position 3:voltaje above normal, or shorted to high source. SPN 28, FMI 3.

Does anybody has beed use a Murphy controller with a John Deere engine that could help me, Im willing to pay if need it.

BTW JD couldn't help me.

thanks

Hello, Im new here, I hope not to cause any trouble or violated any rules.
I have a 6068HI550 200 hp 2200rpm using as a power unit with a water pump, so I got an Murphy Tec10 controller to replace my old from Deere. But the throttle buttons won't work. I configurate the control to John deere engine, J1939 protocopl, but I have an error "accelerator pedal position 3:voltaje above normal, or shorted to high source. SPN 28, FMI 3.

Does anybody has beed use a Murphy controller with a John Deere engine that could help me, Im willing to pay if need it.

BTW JD couldn't help me.

thanks
Hi, kike800828. Like used red said, I would contact Murphy for their tech help first. I have several questions relating to your problem. To start, why did you replace the original controller? And the new controller does not replace the engine ecu, it just interfaces with it, correct? I am not familiar with the Murphy controller but I am assuming that it has a start/run/stop and three throttle positions setup similar to what a combine has. Does the engine start and run at low idle but not adjust to medium or high idle? The 6068 Deere engine is used in some JD combines and I have a tech manual for that application. You state that the controller is compatible with the Deere ecu. So, unless there is an interface problem, there must be a bad sensor/actuator/wire/ground on the engine, or the ecu is bad. My tech manual does not list the error codes you are getting but it does give a 200+ step testing procedure to identify possible faults. These controls are quite voltage specific so anything out of range will trigger a fault code. I don't know if it would be helpful but I could share some of the pages from my manual if you would like.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back