JD 620 battery 12V and CCA

offroad23

What are recomnendations for a single 12V battery and what CCA? It had an old group 65 850CCA in it and I had a good marine 550CCA that I put in it that I had laying around and it seems barely enough so I need to pick something up.

I always try to go with the battery having the most CCA of a size that will fit in the battery box. If the old group 65 worked you could get another one of those. We are using group 31 stud posts where we can. They are often a better buy around here due to the volume of them being used in trucks.

Ground connection is usually corroded on the babblers box or where the battery box bolts down . We just buff the battery box hold down bolt shinny clean . Then using a longer ground cable, make the connection direct to a battery box mounting bolt. Have you checked the distributer for a centrifugal advance mechanism that is stuck in the advanced position ?

Ground connection is usually corroded on the babblers box or where the battery box bolts down . We just buff the battery box hold down bolt shinny clean . Then using a longer ground cable, make the connection direct to a battery box mounting bolt. Have you checked the distributer for a centrifugal advance mechanism that is stuck in the advanced position ?
IF can; run a ground cable down to clean cast iron on the rocker housing, not to the battery box tin....

Not sure how to check distributor, but will look into it.

I always try to go with the battery having the most CCA of a size that will fit in the battery box. If the old group 65 worked you could get another one of those. We are using group 31 stud posts where we can. They are often a better buy around here due to the volume of them being used in trucks.
Will see what is available in a Group 31, thanks.

Ended up buying a Group 31 battery over the weekend, it was $40 cheaper then the Group 65 that was in it.

Does the Group 31 battery turn it over any faster than the old battery did? Hopefully this will fix your issues.
It does, but still not as fast as I would expect. Problem is I am not sure what normal is supposed to be so I have no reference. Need to look into timing as well, anyone have a good write up or video on way to do this, that will clear up what I have read in Service Manual?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back