JD-850 Air in Fuel Lines

WayneB

1984 JD 850 4x4 w/loader 5125 hrs. 3 new hours! The parts I ordered have not arrived, but replace the fuel lines with automotive fuel line and got it running. Still running an aftermarket filter, waiting new filter cartridge and o-ring and the RIGHT return line hose.

{Let me rant} Not much, cause I bought this thing fairly cheap. But the PO paid over $2K for rebuild of injector pump and head-gasket, but the fuel return lines were, WHAT? 20 years old? Still had green paint from some previous painting. Original? What possesses an owner to pay that much for a hard part (IP) rebuild and not replace a cheap hose. One spot on one line was pulsing. Heck it didn"t leak much...
It is the lines and the filter for sure. When I can get it to seal with the lines I have, it is strong. {end rant}

So far I have drilled/tapped out four 14mm broken bolts and have a few more 12mm up front on the loader.

And dirty. Fairly sure it had never been cleaned. Had bought a new tractor 8 months ago of different color and too it was dirty, looking 10 years old. Not that clean tractors and wax is what I am suggesting, but when grease and mud is caked and baked...

Wayne

After cleaning, its a nice looking tractor. Good rubber. Everything works, or can be fixed.

Other than its frustrating to
Previous Post JD 850

After I got the right line from #3 injector to the therostart reservoir, plus replaced filter, o-ring and lines to tank, I came to No Longer Available for lines from 1-2 and 2-3 injector return line. I used VW return line and it worked great.
Bottom Line: Bled out, starts well, idles nice and has good power. Great sounding engine.

Change oil, converted to Mystic 15W40. It is a 50/50 blend. Every diesel I have put Mystic in does well. After another 4 hours the oil is clear and the exhaust is clean. I pulled it hard and the exhaust is light and nice. I put a 72" King Kutter rotor-tiller on it and buried it down 8 inches. Worked it as hard as I could. And the oil is still clear. I'd say I fixed the fuel problem.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back