JD B Handstart Starting Question

BMud

New User
Hey, I have been workin on my 39 B (SN 78,XXX) handstart. Finally got it to run, then got it to run smooth, mostly carb issues. Now it will start after spinnin it for upwards of 10-12 turns. After it has been run for a bit and I turn it off it does not want to start up again once its warm (which is when I try to prove to someone else I can do it by hand :) ) Question: I am assuming its in the mag. Should I look at the condenser, a coil maybe? Points are gapped correctly and I shinned them lightly with paper and its in time. Its a WICO X, sparkplugs are new Autolite 3077's.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top