JD hydraulics

Hi Gang,
Two simple (hopefully) questions. I just bought a JD2640 w/ JD loader.
1.) When I connect a hydraulic hose for my disc on the back, it leaks badly. Looks like there"s an o ring in the female (tractor) side. Can I pull that out and replace it?
2.) The loader bucket doesn"t stay up. It slowly drops. I assume its the seals in the cylinders. Is it difficult to replace these? Is there a manual somewhere explaining how to do this procedure?
Thanks
Steve
 
The quad ring in the back is easy and you can do it right on the tractor. If you have an operators manuel for the loader it should tell you about the cylinders. When you put the chevron packing in reverse it from the way the factory packing was.
 

Loader boom dropping could also be a leaking control valve.
parts key #25 R59343 O-RING 2
parts key #26 R26485 BACK-UP RING 2
10873.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top