Geo-TH,In

The hood on my used
cvphoto132208.jpg

JD LX188 was replaced with something
cvphoto132209.jpg

That isn't factory.

Dang grass clippings have to be removed after using.

I decided to add plastic law edging to keep clippings under the mower deck.

Hope it works.

Only use mower to trim with and radiator screw is full of clippings.

I worry if the BOSS forgets to clean the screen it could damage the mower.

Do you have to clean clippings from your mower?

I've seen grass clippings block mower's cooling fins and damage the head.

Every time I'm done mowing I drag out the air hose and blow out every thing. Then drive the front wheels up on the well pit and wash it out.

It's 34 years old with 2050 hours on it and running strong.
cvphoto132212.jpg

cvphoto132213.jpg

Friend of mine drilled 1 hole on each side of his mower deck and attached a female garden hose end in each hole.he then attaches his garden hose turns on the water then engages his blades.does a great job washing out the underside of his deck especially when done right after using it

#5 years ago I used to wash out the under side of the deck with a hose after every mowing. I replaced all 3 sets of spindle bearings in 1 1/2 years. Quit washing and never replaced another bearing in the next 11 years until I replaced with my B7100. I keep my decks (6) scraped underneath and blown off with air. The ony water they see is what migrates there when I wash the tractor. Haven't replaced a deck bearing in 25 years.
cvphoto132217.jpg

cvphoto132218.jpg

cvphoto132219.jpg

I'll never use water on anything with bearings.
The underside of the deck stays clean if you cut dry grass.

I can never cut dry grass-especially in the spring-even when I wait til late in the afternoon. The grass is always 'sappy' when it is growing. I just cut grass the other day after a dry spell, 2 days after a good rain and it clogged under my deck. I live in the Northern Ky region and have mostly fescue.
I agree with you about water and bearings. Mark.

Smart man washing UNDER the deck is not advised by any manufacture neither on top causes the shiny pulleys to rust to the belt then when the unit is started next it removes a small portion of the belt. Air is your friend but water no.

What happened here was the kid who was mowing the lawn . He never stopped to clear the grass clippings from the rad screen. He was also oblivious to the overheating red warning light. He mowed the lawn several times with the coolant boiled out and she never seized.
The coolant pump is now probably ruined, the engine would overheat after 10-15 minutes of use . That was three years ago. After starting it up this spring to move it . The coolant ran out in a small stream from the base of the engine . Given the amount of grass and seeds that flew out of the cooling fan. We are assuming that some rodent chewed through the coolant hose.
Ticks me off after replacing the hood, grill, carb, ignition coils, ignition control module, main control board, all four tires, deck spindles, idlers , starter and transaxle cooling fan.

I have an LX188 I bought new in 96, still works great no smoke the screen does get plugged but not as much with the hood on. When mine starts getting plugged the engine will start to miss so I know to stop and dump it. Great mower one set of tires one carb blades and one set of deck spindles.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back