Jd M steering

wilson ind

aPprox 1951 JD M with stiff steering. Bought tractor some time ago, just started working on it. Has got to be one of the most difficult tractors for a 77 year old man to mount. Honestly T think the steering had been last greased in 1952. Some of you may know the M has only one knob whereas the MT has two knobe in the top gear box.I picked up a steering tower from an MT thinking I could switch the stronger MT tower inerds to the M. After dissaembling the MT parts and startig to switch to the stronger two knob setup I discovered at some point the tower shaft on my M had been on the bottom welded. No way to change parts without major chopping shaft. Next step totaly lubericate the present M steering. Finally got the knees to take grease. Left the top steering box open with penertaig oil. John Deere did NOT provide grease zerks on the tie rod ends. rubbor lips on tie rod ends were long gone. Trying to use penetyrating oil to loosen the rust. Is there a parts diagram on line for the M & MT?

The M series tractors were the most aggravating and unhandiest tractor built by Deere for any one of any age to get on or off. The engineers really helped that when they designed the later series of 40,420 and the 430 series tractors

[b:654c4848f0][i:654c4848f0]Is there a parts diagram on line for the M & MT[/i:654c4848f0][/b:654c4848f0]

Take a look at the following Model M diagrams.

cvphoto138696.jpg

cvphoto138697.jpg

cvphoto138698.jpg

cvphoto138699.jpg

Hope this helps.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back