jd propane tractors

I am looking at possibly purchasing a propane 2 cylinder john deere. what kind of issues should i look for in these tractors as opposed to regular gas or diesel ones. What are the unique problems in restoring one of these?
 

I have one I think you may be interested in, if you are anywhere near Ohio..

JD 630 LP nearly finished (just never been fired-up). That leaves possibly centering the power steering.
All new paint over hand-sanded to bare metal.
Looks like a New one..I have been holding this for a friend for 3 years, but he has never come through, to buy it..(very reasonable at $4,000).
Right rear wheel wedge won't loosen,,the jack-bolts were stripped..needs to have them drilled and tapped to next over-size..
This was a Texas tractor..all properly re-wired-even with a cigarette lighter..wired nice and done right..new steering wheel and very good matching rubber...
 
I'm in Maine, so Ohio is closer than Texas. Is it your intent to have this tractor running at time of sale? Would you have any photos? What work was done on the tractor, and why is your neighbor no longer interested in it?
 

It is a long story, but he has a JD "R" he has been half-heartedly trying to sell and then he says he wants this one...but I have not heard from him in a year now..!!
I had bought this in a non-running condition 3 years ago and it has been in the shop since then, and have since repaired a broken clutch pulley ( you won't even find the repair), re-wired it to show condition, many bolts were broken at the top and bottom of the radiator..all drilled/tapped and new studs installed..nice radiator, carb and gas generator completely cleaned inside and out..
New steering wheel, cigarette-lighter, switch, dash lights (original type) installed.
Steering shaft bushings replaced, new clutch linings, new battery cables, bought the panels for under the fuel tank, straightened and painted them, hand-sanded the entire tractor to bare metal and all except for the front sheet metal is Classic JD Green.
The front sheet metal was painted when I get it and needs to be wet-sanded as it was masked too soon and the tape left marks in the paint (and it does not exactly match the "Classic" JD Green..
I have a KW tach in it as of now..it did not have one originally..new tach-drive ..
All lubricants changed.
I do know that there is some brazing in the flywheel center..not sure why..
I can't get the left rear wheel hub to loosen..the jack-screws are stripped and need to be tapped to the next "over-size"..
This tractor has had ALL the "restoration" work done, as far as appearance, wireing, attachment studs with nuts re-conditioned--filled, sanded and painted..very good matching 13.6x38 tires.
Front rims are not original, but are JD.
I can take new pics..I can't find the old ones in my PC..!!
It has the Top air-stack typical of a "Texas Tractor"..new muffler..New grill-screens, straight sheet metal..
Looks like new...not much to do..
Every bolt I have had out I have re-conditioned, filled, sanded, chased threads and oiled before putting back in..
New water tubes from radiator to engine....new hoses, new rear hydrolic hoses and fittings..
It does have a repair on the block from being frozen, but it is good and does not leak..
Might sound like some work to be done, but believe me, it is same as done and I am burned-out.,,,I think it will go pretty much as is..
This was originally sold by JD in Dallas Texas..
I will try to get a few pics for you..I have to install the air-stack and muffler..I can't get it in and out with them on..
Ron.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top