Jd van brunt drill wheel lug pattern

mike76

New User
I am going to look at a fba seed drill if I buy it and tow it home would like to have a spare tire handy does anyone know what the bolt pattern deere used on them
 
Cannot tell you that as they used either a 4 or 5 lug wheel on some and some had a 6 lug wheel so no way to know without looking at it. I had one when I quit farming and I hated it, but each to his own. If you do get it and have to change seed settings the gates under are usually rusted to non operatable and if they are plan on having many a skined places on your hands. And the one I had I don't think it sat outside at any time before I got it.
 

Any normal 6 hole implement wheel should fit. Spec's for wheel are shown below. There are 3 bolts 1/2'' in diameter on each side that came be removed while transporting drill so no shafts or chains turn during transport. Mark drive sprocket & hub before removing bolts as the 2 pieces will only line up with bolts holes 1 way.

mvphoto44465.png


3 bolts(key 27) on each side

mvphoto44466.png
 
I never knew that about the transport and it was not in the book and the person we got it from was the dealer mechanic and setup man and was his personal drill and had the 6 lug wheels. But when I went to look for used parts the drill did not have the 6 lug but either a 4 or 5 lug wheel. Too many a year to remember exactly. But those parts were not the same as mine. Was looking for parts to convert from lever lift to hydrolic lift. It did not have the clutch lift as the setup man did not like them.
 

Back when I was 1st employed by a JD dealer I assembled/delivered many of those type JD grain drills. Model FB drills built from '46-'51 had 5 bolt wheels. After that I think all drill wheels for letter series drills utilized 6 hole wheels.
 
Thanks that's what I needed to know planning to use it on a small plot and replant some grass that didn't survive the floods this year
 
I was thinking mine was a 1950 model but it had the 6 lug wheels. I never tried checking the parts manual for things.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top