Jerry riggin...

Ultradog MN

My poor little 3000/3600 got some badly needed maintenance over the last couple of days.
Aside from some snow moving here at home last winter I hadn't used it since last summer.
The gear type hydraulic pump was leaking engine oil bad. It was an Oring on the main drive gear. 97 cents for the Oring and a couple/3 hours to pull the pump and install it.
A bigger job was redoing the horizontal exhaust. I bought the exhaust pipe new about 14 years ago. Never did like the way it was routed Underneath as the tractor sits so low with the LCG spindles and 12.4-28 rears I have on it.
Pipe was all beat up under there.
Last summer I was bush hogging and tore the muffler off. The mower ate it.
I had a used muffler so I chopped up and rewelded the pipe to go along the Side of the chassis.
It looks goofy but is sturdier and about 4in higher off the ground than it was.
Am bringing it back up to the property today and putting it back on the bush hog.
Might need to put some sort of a heat shield under the step plate to keep from getting a hot foot. We'll see.
These are Such a great little tractors.
One of these years I will tear it apart and make it pretty.

cvphoto132292.jpg

cvphoto132293.jpg

Whatever works. Looks like a strong little worker. Funny to see the pre-1968 tin with the dual handle quadrant.

The 3910-II I bought about 3 years ago had a muffler under the step like that. There was an OEM heat shield over it as you mentioned. On that 50 hp engine, the little muffler roared. Thought it was bad so bought another.....same problem. Went to a vertical exhaust requiring some different parts in the routing but I was desperate. Started with the long OEM oval muffler and it too was noisy. Was standing next to it one day and the sides of the muffler were resonating, adding to the exhaust noise. Got the round muffler like is on my 3000 and finally got the noise down to where a good set of ear plugs brings the dBs down to a tolerable level.

My 3600 had the under slung exhaust when I bought it. I didn't like driving through my fields when the grass was tall and smelling burnt grass. Switched it over to the vertical. Also the vertical is nice when I drive through my trails in the woods during the Fall. Knocks down spider webs before I get covered.
cvphoto132534.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back