jm. re land pride buy out

Kansas4010

I heard on a different discussion forum that Kubota was going to keep the Land Pride name. I figured they would drop the LP name and put their own name on the equipment. I was curious if that was a rumor or not. I had a small chat with a dealer the other day but didn't think to ask. All he mentioned was the dealership had just received it's last shipment from the old LP company. He also said the truck driver told him starting July 1st he will keep his job but he'll now be a Kubota employee. Have you heard if Kubota will supply parts for LP equipment. I have a finish mower I didn't really want to get rid of but if parts are going to become scarce I just might. Just wondering was all. I don't really want to see the Land Pride name just disappear. I suppose it's a Kansas thing

MY TAKE from what I have picked up.. First parts will be avl. The Land Pride name will be on what is shipped in brown but beginning around the first of the year we will also see the ORANGE implements with KUBOTA decals. Lots to work out. About 68% of Kubota dealers were already a Land Pride dealer. Problem is what do they do in a small town say where the NH dealer was already LP and Kubota dealer was not. Looks like they will definitely offer the KUBOTA branded to the Kubota dealer and probably let the NH dealer have the brown stuff. Trucking will not be a problem they want to keep the trucking set up LP had in place. Where it really gets tricky is the Great Plains part. Most of the Great Plains dealers are older and not as many of them are Kubota dealers. Looks like they are just going to take their time on that transition. One thing I do expect to happen fast is the upgrading of the plants there in Kansas. Those laid back Kansas guys may not like how the Japan folks come in there and shake up things but guess we will just see how it works out

My Kubota was built by american workers at the plant in Ga. My Land Pride inplements are all orange with Land
Pride decals on them

your Kubota tractor had final assembly in GA. It was built in Japan and crate shipped to GA with just enough final assembly by the roughly 90 employees to get fat tax break from the USA.

We use a couple land pride arm mowers at work. They seem to be ok quality, but don't hold up for any more than homeowner type use it seems.

Ross

(quoted from post at 09:15:08 06/09/16) The quality of LP equipment will probably go way down now.

You don't know anything about Kubota or Asian manufacturers, do you.

TF I am serious >>>> Why would you think the quality will go down..Going to be the same workers at the same plant with hopefully better equipment. Just wondering what you thinking is. The Kubota thing is a pretty strong emphasis on quality. Lots of inspecting built into the assembly lines.

I had an old Landpride 3 pt. 60" finish mower. Interesting thing was the ones this old came from Italy ! And even stranger was the deck stamping looked pretty much identical to the belly mower for our JD 750 compact the blades were the same too. Who really knows where any of this stuff comes from ?

Better 90 employees in Ga. than none. How many Americans built your SCUT John Deere, or New Holland. Does Kubota use Titan Tires out of Missouri?
Does the Kubota plant in Ga. Have a diner out side the gates run by Americans that the employees eat at. Does the Ga plant have a Praxair truck or the Haun welding supply truck deliver to the Kubota Plant? Does the plant have a contract with Mcmaster-Carr or Grainger?

100% American made and assembled would be just peachy, but it ain't gonna happen!

it already has, bought a LP 6ft finish mower last week.
went to use it and one of the wheels would not rotate on the vertical shaft with both hands giving it all i had, had to take apart and machine about 25 thousand off one of the spacers to get it to rotate.
also when using i noticed that it was puking a lot of oil out of the gear box past the front shaft seal, the pressure relief for the gear box was not manufactured properly had to machine a groove in it to get the pressure to vent.
the bushings already are questionable on the wheel pivots. I've used this once. if your worried about quality taking a dive, don't it already has!!!!! oh and with the corners cut on quality i can tell you the price hasn't been cut..

(quoted from post at 05:56:13 06/09/16) it already has, bought a LP 6ft finish mower last week.
went to use it and one of the wheels would not rotate on the vertical shaft with both hands giving it all i had, had to take apart and machine about 25 thousand off one of the spacers to get it to rotate.
also when using i noticed that it was puking a lot of oil out of the gear box past the front shaft seal, the pressure relief for the gear box was not manufactured properly had to machine a groove in it to get the pressure to vent.
the bushings already are questionable on the wheel pivots. I've used this once. if your worried about quality taking a dive, don't it already has!!!!! oh and with the corners cut on quality i can tell you the price hasn't been cut..

Why on earth would you touch a new machine? Someplace in your papers was a sheet that had the word Warranty on it. That is something that says if your new machine is a piece of crap,we will make it good!
Did you use that piece of paper?

jm. thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I hope you don't take some of these people personally. Seems some people see red when someone mentions orange. Kubota doesn't have a very big following in this area but it is growing. The big reason is the closest local dealer is impossible to deal with. That's why I go to one further away.

(quoted from post at 06:55:08 06/09/16) Better 90 employees in Ga. than none. How many Americans built your SCUT John Deere, or New Holland. Does Kubota use Titan Tires out of Missouri?
Does the Kubota plant in Ga. Have a diner out side the gates run by Americans that the employees eat at. Does the Ga plant have a Praxair truck or the Haun welding supply truck deliver to the Kubota Plant? Does the plant have a contract with Mcmaster-Carr or Grainger?

100% American made and assembled would be just peachy, but it ain't gonna happen!

It would seem that us Americans are getting pretty good at making a little money by serving the Japanese that continue to buy out or take over our industries and companies. I agree that jobs are created in the peripheral areas of their doing business here. And, they do pay taxes but, where do the profits go? Right back to Japan, Inc. There are a lot of reasons for the Japanese success with American consumers but charity and compassion are not among them. :roll:

(quoted from post at 16:04:36 06/09/16)
It would seem that us Americans are getting pretty good at making a little money by serving the Japanese that continue to buy out or take over our industries and companies. I agree that jobs are created in the peripheral areas of their doing business here. And, they do pay taxes but, where do the profits go? Right back to Japan, Inc. There are a lot of reasons for the Japanese success with American consumers but charity and compassion are not among them. :roll:

Not all of them, Honda has and continues to plow major amounts of profit back into manufacturing and design facilities in America. Witness the only super car made in America, the Acura NSX... all new multi million dollar factory (in Marysville, OH). They will be exported all over the world from here. Mahindra has been expanding, adding facilities recently. Those Japanese companies are here for one reason, to make money, that's the point of every business. Just be glad it's not the Chinese. Remember, what property they buy here, stays here and they pay in dollars.

I would agree with that. Quality is not what it should be. My brother has a Kabota tractor and a riding mower. Has had problems with both since day one.

(quoted from post at 08:30:05 06/09/16) Mahindra is Japanese???

Mahindra is Indian with factories worldwide. My SCUT was manufactured in Japan with Japanese engine. Other models are built in Korea or India.
The tires and wheels on mine are from Titan in Missouri and the loader and mid mount deck are also of American manufacture.

As a rule of thumb 12 to 18% of retail price is sent back to the motherland as profit per unit.

Know why Japanese companies are expanding here like manufacturers from other countries? Because they can. I call BS on people who knock Kubota and claim LP products already went south on quality. 1. Kubota is know for their quality. That doesn't mean everything they make is perfect. 2. You can't change the process that fast without shutting the plants down so if someone did in fact buy a defective mower it was built while LP was still American owned. 3rd place who's dumb enough to fix what's a warranty issue on a brand new item?

Now some on here should read the laws on war in the war powers act. I government can and will seize all assets belonging to and nation who goes to war with us. Back accounts, property and yes complete factories.

Others on here need to get over it. They attacked Pearl Harbor killing few that 3 thousand people, most of them US service personnel. 3 1/2 years later we bombed their cities with conventional, fire and nuclear bombs. Those bombings killed somewhere between 240 thousand and 900 thousand, mostly old men, women and children. And at the time we did that we knew that bombing civilian targets were not going to cause the people in a dictatorship to raise up against the war.

Kinda funny but no one mentioned that if one was to avoid Kubota because the profits go to Japan what about CaseIH where the profits go back to Italy? The same Italy that was a member of the axis powers where allied men fought and died? Are we supposed to avoid buying anything from CaseIH?

Get over the fact that we were at war with Japan. We fought against Germany, Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungry and Thailand too. There were all members of the axis or one of the client states. The people who lead those countries into war are all long dead. Most by their own hand or by execution. Be kinda the same thing as jailing you cause your grandpa was in jail making being born your only crime. You want to punish the few living WWII vets who did nothing to start the war and who had no choice but to serve and the descendants who were not even born yet.

Rick

I've worked in American factories and one thing I've noticed is the differences between self employed and factory workers. When you milk one cow you make so much if you put a little extra effort In and milk two you can double your pay older people can relate to what hard work can make you.
Unfortunately factories are the exact opposite if you get paid to move 1 box an hour and you work a little harder and move 2 you still get paid the same more effort is discouraged . There is a ton of excuses I don't get paid for that I don't want to do that etc. You see some of that in the 2nd generation Hispanic the early generations that risked everything to get a good job have a better work ethic.
Working loading trucks you see packages smashed ripped open all kinds of damage and unfortunately the supervisor's have all got the idea you do as little as possible and get by.
Any more it seems people don't show up to earn a check rather it's just get a check

I ordered a new tail wheel bracket for my medium duty LP rotary cutter. I got the part yesterday and it was built heavier and better than the original. I was happy to see that as the original, I felt, should have been built a little better. It had a Made In China sticker on the part.
Just Saying,

(quoted from post at 13:03:16 06/09/16) I ordered a new tail wheel bracket for my medium duty LP rotary cutter. I got the part yesterday and it was built heavier and better than the original. I was happy to see that as the original, I felt, should have been built a little better. It had a Made In China sticker on the part.
Just Saying,
Oh No! Not 'Made in China!'
What's the world coming to?

First nothing has changed so do not BLAME KUBOTA yet. If you JUST bought you mower it was probably on a dealers lot for 3 months or more so made by Americans. Next ever issue you mentioned is really on the selling dealer he should have checked to spindle rotation and he also probably filled the gearbox too full. Hope you get it straighten out by and large the finish mowers just do not give much trouble. Before the zero turn mowers came on so strong we sued to sell 70 to 100 LP finish mowers a year with very little trouble. Have some out there 15 or more years old still running.

(quoted from post at 15:33:07 06/09/16) First nothing has changed so do not BLAME KUBOTA yet. If you JUST bought you mower it was probably on a dealers lot for 3 months or more so made by Americans. Next ever issue you mentioned is really on the selling dealer he should have checked to spindle rotation and he also probably filled the gearbox too full. Hope you get it straighten out by and large the finish mowers just do not give much trouble. Before the zero turn mowers came on so strong we sued to sell 70 to 100 LP finish mowers a year with very little trouble. Have some out there 15 or more years old still running.

Every dealership that sells equipment like finish mowers which means almost all of them assembles then and TEST them before delivery! So what I think we have here is someone who wants to slander the Land Pride name because they sold out to a company they don't like, Kubota. Now every spindle on a mower deck I've had apart has roller bearings, not bushings. So if the shaft was too big how the heck did they put it together at the factory where the spindle wouldn't turn? Just where did the poster get the specs for the shaft? Most manufacturers are not going to give that info out and even if he contacted the company they would have told him to take it back to the dealer instead of giving him the specs. The whole story stinks. And I agree, that alleged deck would have been on the dealers lot before Kubota finished the deal.

Rick

(quoted from post at 11:00:06 06/09/16)............................................... You want to punish the few living WWII vets who did nothing to start the war and who had no choice but to serve and the descendants who were not even born yet.

Rick

How do you arrive at that? :?

redgreen: and that's the truth with all this "American" built Jap garbage none of them like to hear the truth though!makes me absolutely sick seems most have their heads buried in the sand.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back