John Deere 1010w compression good or bad?

Randyhatchjr

New User
Hi I was wondering if I could maybe get some help here. I am new to the whole tractor thing. I have recently bought a 1961 jd 1010w I am trying to figure out the compression. Research has told me the compression should be 7.9 to 1 . Not sure what that means but I did a compression check and here are my results #1= 112psi #2=115psi #3=100psi and #4=130psi Any help would be great Thanks [/b]
 
Is this tractor running? Was the test done with a hot
engine ? Throttle wide open ? Oil in cylinders? Shouldn't
have but 5 psi difference overall when testing.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top