John Deere 1530

Looking at a John Deere 1530. I need a small tractor with a loader on it around the farm. Is the JD 1530 a good tractor? Anything I should look at if I buy it?
Is the engine the same as a 2020?
NE Pennsylvania
Thanks Al

The big dairy one road over had one and a 143 loader during the 1970's. They did not manage to wreck it despite not being the most careful in terms of operation. If you can test the coolant for pH that would be a plus as cavitation of the sleeves could be an issue.

The 1530 has a 3 cylinder engine while the 2020 has a 4 cylinder engine. The 2020 engine was larger and more powerful than the 1530. The 1530 was made in Germany after the USA made 2020 was discontinued.

I've owned one since 1996. Mine has a JD 175 loader mounted. Mine has been a good tractor for me. But with all used tractors you need to check over to make sure the reason why it's being sold.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back