JOHN DEERE 290 PLANTER QUESTION

buck2013

New User
I have a question regarding my 290 john deere planter.
I have a video posted on youtube that quickly explains what I am trying to figure out if anyone wouldnt mind watching and letting me know what they can tell me.

But short story is, the book vaguely describes a 6 and 13 point sprocket to use and which one to use when sowing seed. I need to know what sprocket to use so I can properly space my seeds come spring.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice or knowledge about this old piece of equipment. I had it operational, but just need to know about these sprockets.

Please give the video a watch and let me know! Thanks again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up6lIUL0pdQ&ab_channel=Buck2013

This post was edited by buck2013 on 12/12/2021 at 01:17 pm.

I have a John Deere 290 corn planter operator's manual OM-B1. I'm willing to loan it to you, ship it to you, if you promise to send it back to me in a
month or so. Let me know.

Very kind of you. But I don't think it will be necessary. I finally, after hours of digging online, a diagram of all of the parts on this planter. I finally found my answer.

Thanks again!

I dont know about the JD 290 but on my old AC planter I could I could just lift one packing wheel off the ground, and measure circumference of wheel with tape measure. Then if you rotate it one revolution (mark wheel with tape) and count seeds you can figure the approximate spacing. Worked for me.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back