John Deere 317

I have just purchased a JD 317 over the internet. I have yet to see it other than pictures but based upon two facts I know: 1) the engine has been replace with a KT17Q5 series II in 2008 and has less than 100 hrs. it hasn't been run in four years. It has been stored inside and the photos show an almost new seat except covered with dust. It comes with an attached tiller but no deck. I intend to use it to mostly pull a Switcher 44 Rough Cut brush mower. I will have to drive about 200 miles to pick it up. I will not have time to prepare the tractor for service before it must be moved. Apparently it needs new points, condenser cover , oil change, fuel system flush and probably a carburetor rebuild. I have been told I need to place the tranny into neutral so it wont be damaged when I push it on & off the trailer. How do I do that? Is there an alternative in case the hydo control valve is frozen? If it is frozen, how do I get it functioning in a short time. The side panels will be included. The price for the tractor as shown is $450. I feel that is a great deal for me. Especially since I already have a 317 parts tractor and a front blade from a JD 300 and a deck that will fit. Any other input will be appreciated
00m0m_8YPWdghNEJd_0gl0t2_600x450.jpg
.
 

Attachments

  • 00u0u_67uBGY0C1Ju_0gl0t2_600x450.jpg
    00u0u_67uBGY0C1Ju_0gl0t2_600x450.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
thank you . the seller states he can use his tractor to lift onto my trailer for the 200+ mile drive home. Its my end that will be more difficult
 
BTW that is a great picture & explanation. Is that a JD manual?
Yes, as I posted it is from a 317 Operator's Manual.

You can download and save a free copy of the operator's manual from the JD Ag & Turf bookstore. There are two 317 groups based on serial number. The info I post is the same in both manuals.

JD Ag & Turf Bookstore

Click Equipment Publications, then enter 317 in the model search box and search.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top