john deere 3300 corn head

nate compton

New User
hello everyone im new to this but im looking for some information on a john deere 3300 combine I just purchased from a friend. it was previously used for oats and beans. im going to
use it for corn all the reading I've done looking for a corn head it ran a 244 or a 343. 2 or 3 row there is a 444 4 row close to me. the farmer said he ran it on a 4400. will it work on the
smaller 3300 thank in advance for any information.

You would be hard pressed to get a 3300 to even pick up a 4 row head let alone have enough power or cleaning capacity to run it. Hold out for a nice 3 row if you?re on narrow rows.

It will pick it up just fine. Dad had a 444 on his 3300 and it worked ok. You had to go slow and it seemed the bin was always full. At that time our yeilds were in the 100-115 bu range. It was actually better than the 244 as it seemed if you did not plant perfect the wheels were knocking over some corn with the 244. I would go the three row route in today's corn if it were me. Six row planters are getting cheaper and so are 343 heads. I have even considered going from a 4 row to a 3 on my 95. Tom

thanks a lot for the info i plant wide rows now so im trying to not have to adjust my planter or buy a new one how about adjusting the 3300 from grain to corn i didn't get any books or info when i bought it. and information kinda seems limited on it im assuming there the same or similar to a 4400

It?s good to ask here for sure, but I wouldn?t want to own a combine without a manual for it, if you have to pay retail at Jensales or wherever, eBay, etc I would highly, highly recommend getting a manual. I?ve run basically the same Gleaner combine setup for 40 years (Gleaner F through L3 are all the same design....) and I look at my manual several times a year for the many adjustments on them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back