John Deere 350 mower

Picked up a 350 JD sycle mower in great condition. After a day of adjustments and engineering a drawbar substitute for the lift I am using it on a 8N Ford. This is a 3 pt mower and the bar lifts when the 3 point is raised. Like a Ford mower.

Is this mower worth $500? Did I pay too much? Looked at lots or Ford mowers as they are similar but much older and most would need lots of Liquid Wrench and likely several bearings, etc.

Also am dealing with the same fellow on a Ford pto rake. Also 3 point. Have never used a pto rake. Any advantages? I know some of the older Fords after N series had a regular pto and a ground speed pto. I can see the ground driven pto with this rake, but opinions please on regular pto use.
 
If its in good shape? It would bring a lot more!

try "external_link" Go over to the "Hay & Forage" section, & click on "other" then JD, & Your choice of model. You can see what both individuals, & companys want for them. I saw a few on e-bay bring around a couple of thousand $'s recently.

Scotty
 
usually sell for 3 times that around here. I wish I could find one for $500 to replace my tired old MF 31.
 
Not sure what the "market" is in your area, but if it's in great condition by your standards, you got a good mower for $500.

You will like your <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CJbfqofbUE">JD 350 mower</a>.
 
James GET A PTO SHIELD ON THAT DRIVE SHAFT. I don't want to read about you or Nancy hurt that way. It takes only a second and your in trouble. I have good PTO shields on anything I own,sell, or work on. The newer plastic ones aren't as high a priced as the old metal ones.
 
Thanks for your concern.

I'll take a look at the Operator's Manual to get the information on the PTO guard/shield.

Was not aware that the 350 mowers had one.

We do have PTO shields for our #5 mowers.
 
Amen to shields and all other safety devices and safety attitudes!!

On 4/25/10, I jumped off my skidloader in the same way I have done for 35 years. Step on the edge of the bucket and hop to the ground. This time, my left foot slipped behind the bucket and went down to the bar between the lift arms. At the same time, I fell foreward. Hyperextended my left knee to about 80 degrees. Completely destroyed my left knee. Had to have reconstruction surgery after 4 days of waiting for donor (cadaver) tendons, ligaments, everything for the knee. During the wait, I also had numerous tests and scans to see if there was nerve damage or arterial/venous damage.

And became very well acquanted with pain meds.

Still laid up. Getting better, but doctors give little hope of complete recovery.

It could have been much worse. Will get better. But only took about 2 seconds of haste to ruin the whole summer and, again, it could have been worse. So I am a real nag now about safety.
 
James here are the numbers. You can look up John
Deere parts at www.jdparts.com.
AE74416 PS SHIELD,REAR 540 & 1000 (PLASTIC) ADD 61.00 USD 61.00 USD
AE74415 PS SHIELD,GUARD 1000 & 540 PLASTIC ADD 68.00 USD 68.00 USD
AE74399 BEARING KIT, INNER/OUTER SHIELD ADD 14.75 USD 14.75 USD



You might need (2)AE74399 kits. Some of them come with enough clips for both ends and some don't. The total came to $143.75. Not cheap but what is your health worth?
You might be able to find some of the original steel ones as well but they are often bent.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top