John Deere 42 combine

tomstractorsandtoys

Here are some pics of my 2510 and the 42 combine I bought a few weeks ago cutting oats today. The oats were very tough and I did choke it once. Had some hay to bale so I will have to deal with that in the morning. Didn't have time to give it a bath yet. The oats are yeilding very good. Tom
cvphoto160031.jpg

cvphoto160032.jpg

Nice. Around here, any oats I see are about 50% weeds. I also read oat straw can get mites on it. We baled some wheat straw that seemed to have mites one year and that was a nuisance when we handled it. Any issues with yours?

It has a nine ft head. A little big for the machine size in todays yields but I think when new they wanted to cut 3 rows of soybeans.

We spray our oats for weeds. Never heard of straw mites and hope we never do. I baled 5 loads of rye straw the day before but that was cut with a 6620 combine. Tom

I have often wondered how the 42 works with such a narrow cylinder, especially in tall crops like rye. An IH 80 / 82 has a wider cylinder, but a smaller header. How do they compare in use?

neighbor had a 42 with a 210 corn head . One of the first in our area to harvest corn with a combine and dry it in a drying bin.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back