John Deere 42 combine

tomstractorsandtoys

I saved a few beans to try the 42 pull type combine on. It took 3 rows in second gear fine. I had the last
pass with 4 rows and they fit but it overloaded the clean grain elevator. First worked fine for 4 30 inch
rows. Beans were about 65 bu to the acre. Sorry no action pics as the wife was away. 2510 diesel pulling it.
Tom
cvphoto164533.jpg

Thanks for posting pictures Tom! I always enjoy looking at your well kept equipment and seeing you using it.

Great pictures, Tom. They remind me of my dad cutting beans with the 96 we had in about '89 and '90. the biggest challenge with cutting beans with those was the rigid cutterbar, and the lack of visibility of the cutterbar compared to a self propelled.

I'm guessing the previous owner wanted more flotation... looks like both the original tires on one side, and a big tire on the other??

The tire combination is exactly what you said. It came from northwest WI and the area was very swampy. It had not been used for the last ten or so years. I would like to find a 205 cornhead for it sometime. Tom

Neighbor had a new 42, I believe it was a210 corn head for it. He also had one of the first bin dryers in the area.

Neighbor had a new 42, I believe it was a210 corn head for it. He also had one of the first bin dryers in the area.

210 was only for 45 and larger combines. The 205 head fit both a 42 or 45 machine and was a lot lighter in weight. Cannot remember ever even seeing a 42 machine, 40 yes and a lot of 45 and number 10, 210, 234 and 235 heads along with 313 3 row 30 inch for the 45.

After working on the 6620 the past few days I wish that I had such a simple machine. Of course if you use them they are going to need TLC at some point. Good thing it has been lightly raining the past several days so I am not missing field time. I just don't enjoy stooping and bending to work on things. Hopefully, I will have the head back on by lunchtime tomorrow. By the time it dries we will be back in the rain Saturday.

Nice pics of an awesome machine. Thanks for keeping it alive.
We finally got the corn head put to sleep and 95combine put away after finishing hay last night.

Keep up the good work.
Those beans are awesome too.
We have the plants but lacking pods and filling for 65 but.
GG Wes

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back