John Deere 4230

joe kurnik

New User
Iso my grandpa's John Deere 4230 serial number 26953. Last known whereabouts was strykersville NY in 2004/05 at marzolfs retirement auction. I've spoken with the family and they don't know where it went. I've spoken with John Deere and they haven't seen where it's been in for work. I've spoken with several local auctioneers and no luck there. The auctioneer who did marzolfs retirement auction passed away shortly after and the family doesn't have any records of his. Any info on it's whereabouts would be appreciated. Tractor was a factory open station, quad range transmission, dual remotes, 18.4-38 rear tires. Tractor had a set of custom tow hooks attached where weight bracket is on front of tractor when it left the family. I'm not sure they were still on it at marzolfs sale.
mvphoto103252.jpg

mvphoto103253.jpg

Hi Joe. You may never find it. The next best thing is to get a different 4230 for now. Good luck in
your search. Bill

Small world. My family is from Strykersville. Grew up on the other side of North Java.

Marzolf's is a familiar name but that was from before I got obsessed with farm auctions. Out of curiosity what was the auctioneer's name?

Unfortunately I can only offer you best of luck in finding your tractor. It's not beyond the realm of possibility of finding it again. Our old Farmall 560 has turned up twice since Dad traded it in 1996, and I've passed on it both times because I know it's a train wreck.

2X on get another 4230 that you can enjoy for the present time. It could be years or decades before your Granpa's tractor surfaces, if ever. In case your Grampa's tractor ever does show up it will help smooth the transaction if you already have something equal or better to sell or trade to get your Grampa's tractor.

Nice pictures. You have the serial number and that is a very large factor in finding it. Hopefully, you are still young enough
that you have many years to find it should the cards fall that way. As of this past Thursday I thought I had caught a break in
finding my grandfather's 3010 diesel but I figured out in short order the tractor I looked at was not it. It's been gone since
1967. Good luck.

don yahn did marzolfs auction. He was an independent auctioneer. But I heard he also dealt with empire livestock marketing. I've talked with them and didn't get anywhere. If you have any connections with any of them and could find any info it would be appreciated

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back