John Deere 430 crawler running issues

bigdaver

New User
I have a Jd 430 crawler that has issues running right. It sat for awhile. Then tried to get running again would not start.
I thought it was carb had that professionally done rebuild. Still had same problem run for about 20 seconds and quit.
I check electrical system. Had fire. I got new wires, cap, rotor point, condenser, coil. After I got carb back from pro it ran little rough but new could get right. But it ran let it run out of gas
Went to say to start it only rin for couple seconds couldn t get started again. Gas tank, bowl all that cleaned up with new gasket
Also run non Ethansl gas. Any one got any suggestion. Some time it want to back fire but it did today when try to start, any suggestion appreciated. Thanks I m advance just little frustrated [/u
New plugs also autolites

This post was edited by bigdaver on 07/04/2022 at 09:14 pm.

Have you checked gas flow through the carb by removing the drain plug from the carb bowl to see if the flow remains steady and see how long it takes to fill a pint jar? You may have cleaned things but that will test for a restricted flow from the tank. A flow problem needs to be ruled out with a definite test, such as this. If flow is good trouble shooting can proceed from there.

Thanks for that information. I ll try that. I know I have drained the bowl to see if gas flow but I didn t let it fill a jar. I ll try it. Makes sense though. I do know that gas gets old might be a blockage in line. I ll let you know. Thanks again

i have checked gas flow. everything's clean. i made sure bowl was clean, gas line is clean and filter going to carb is clean. put back together and open drain on bottom of card. it took about 5-6 seconds to fill jar. gas was clean no trash in fuel. thanks for suggestion on to the next.

(quoted from post at 15:10:46 07/07/22)
i have checked gas flow. everything's clean. i made sure bowl was clean, gas line is clean and filter going to carb is clean. put back together and open drain on bottom of card. it took about 5-6 seconds to fill jar. gas was clean no trash in fuel. thanks for suggestion on to the next.
Bigdaver
Have you checked the valve adjustments?
Another way to check to see if it is fuel starvation is to put some gas in a squirt bottle, pull the air intake hose and squirt small amounts of fuel in the carb inlet. If you can keep it running that way it is starving for fuel.

i don't think its starving for fuel. i hadn't checked valves i think going to do that next, it been restored, used to run great, sat for about 5 years. it got spark and gas. i thought, maybe valve stuck but compression is good.8im working on it though thanks for your suggestions i also looked around manifold i don't see any breaks in gasket

Running good until you run out of gas?
Sounds like you probably have a spec or
two of trash under your load screw. Pull
it out and check. Also possible a little
water was in the bottom of the tank. Pull
the plugs and clean them with brake
cleaner.

(quoted from post at 10:00:45 07/09/22) Running good until you run out of gas?
Sounds like you probably have a spec or
two of trash under your load screw. Pull
it out and check. Also possible a little
water was in the bottom of the tank. Pull
the plugs and clean them with brake
cleaner.

Thanks for that. I think have carb issue of flow issue. I did get running. But it only wants to run wide open. Only way it will keep running.
I checked spark while runn grounded out plugs. Made a difference. Fuel system cleaned out all clear. Fresh no ethanol gas. Thank a for advice If anyone has ideas please share. Next I might check load screw but I don t want to quit yet until I talk to someone about that. Thank for all you help

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back