JOHN DEERE 48 LOADER REMOVAL

Caminofeld

New User
HELLO ALL, SORRY MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON. THE STARTER BURNED UP ON MY 1020 DIESEL AND
STRANDED IT ON AN UNEVEN AREA OF YARD. I HAVE THE REPLACEMENT STARTER (IT'S THE
STARTER, NOT THE SOLENOID), BUT IT APPEARS I HAVE TO REMOVE THE 48 LOADER TO GET TO IT.
I SEARCHED THE INTERNET AND CANNOT FIND MUCH INFO ON THE PROCESS. WOULD SOMEONE BE ABLE
TO PROVIDE ME SOME INSTRUCTION IN THE MOST DETAIL POSSIBLE? I HAVE A CHERRY PICKER,
WHICH I READ IS HELPFUL. THANKS AND GOD BLESS!
 
No, I do not. I do have a cherry picker and various jacks/stands/chains and was planning to rig something up. Worse case I have some scrap steel and can weld something up. Just trying to do this in the easiest/quickest way possible because I have jobs backing up. Would I be able to partially remove it just enough to get the starter off? Thanks!
 
Just drop the bucket and there is your front support, for the rear supports figure out a way to hold them up securely and out of the way of the front tires to back out, overhead would be ideal. I am in central Indiana and have a set of stands if you are remotely close and want to borrow them. They work great and are amazingly simple to figure out once you see them. Try google searching 48 Quick-Tatch Frame Farm Loader if possible. Had nothing but good luck with my 48 loader.......
 
IF you can pull start it, put the bucket up against two fence posts in fence/ground, then with chains and comealongs wrap a chain tight in front of the bucket on the posts (as low as possible) and attach comealong to loader(where cross tube is) and tighhten the comealongs. It will lift the rear loader off of the rear mounts too back away from. Then support the rear mounts incase something lets go. Did this on a 325 dual and 560 farmall tractor.
 
I had my starter go out on my 1520, it has a 48 loader on it. It came with homemade stands. I was able to unbolt it Jack it up, put the stands on it and pull the tractor out with another tractor. On my tractor I had to take off the fuel pump and dipstick to get the starter off. Good luck.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top