John Deere 50 power steering pump assembly question

My manual suggests using shellac on the mating surfaces of my JD 50 power steering pump when reassembling it. Can anyone offer some insight on this process? Can I use an aerosol shellac or do I need to use brush on shellac? Do I need to let it set up or assemble it while the shellac is still wet? Thanks in advance. Don Williams
 
I use Bullseye shellac right out of the can and assemble it immediately. One time when regular liquid Bullseye was not in stock, I used Bullseye out of a spray can, but I sprayed it into a clean tuna can then brushed it on the surface to be sealed. I figured I'd get it in unwanted places if I tried to spray it right on the part.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top