John Deere 55H plow setup.

My dad and I recently brought home a Deer 55H plow from a neighbor's. We know nothing about the plow other than the model number. It came with single acting hydraulic cylinder that doesn't seem long enough to raise the plow sufficiently.

What is the reccomended cylinder length on a 55H?

And does anyone have any access to an Operators Manual?

John Deere has the parts catalog .pdf file online, but it doesn't seem to have ANY of the wear parts Moldboard/share/shin/trashboards/ect. in it. I don't anticipate needing any wear parts in the near future as they all seem pretty solid, but having absolutely nothing to compare them to, I don't know if they're even correct.

I would also assume that the Operators Manual has a list of wear parts and setup instructions that will allow dad to play around on his 620 and not break either the plow, nor the tractor.

Many thanks in advance!
 
Plow bottom parts are in their own parts book. I believe the two possible catalog numbers are 158 and 1308. Not sure about the second one. Others will chime in, no doubt. Mike
 
The lift cylinder should be an 8" stroke cylinder. John deere
plows don't lift very high, but I see a lot of them with the
rear lift "cushion" spring bad, weak, broken or removed. This
spring make a huge difference and last I knew was still
availible from deere for a reasonable price.
 
The other posts covered the part catalogs
depending on the type of bottom the 55H plow has
(old blacksmith type would be in the PC0158 and
the throw-away share type would be in PC1308).
I'm guessing that since you mentioned shins that
the plow likely has the newer type HS (high speed)
bottoms.
I can help with things like new wear parts, used
plow parts (wheels, frame, hitch...ect), and a
copy of the original OP manual. You're welcome to
call me 573-768-4O92
Tyler
 
Thanks guys! PC158 has me on the right track. At least there're photos in there to compare to the plow itself. Hopefully we'll get it figured out!

Hopefully this miserable Indiana weather will break soon and spring will arrive.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top