John Deere 7000 planter

I looked at a 4 row 7000 conservation planter. It has three wheels. Two to lift and I believe the center one drives it. Most I have seen only have 2 wheels. Any special reason this one would have 3.

It has dry fertilizer. Other guys on another site have told me its a distance wheel so the monitor has feedback for speed and distance so it will keep track of acres and population. problem is it doesnt come the monitor

I have a jd 7000 4 row planter. On mine the middle 3rd wheel is for the speed with the monitor. The 2 drive wheels are still what powers the planter seed boxes. I have seen kits to add a 3rd and only drive wheel.

cvphoto126923.png

Google jamison drive planter, this is what I was talking about.

Oh sure, before gps you could count sprocket teeth revolving with a magnetic pickup or spokes on a bicycle wheel and get speed and distance.

You didnt say it was a small wheel.

Paul

I agree its normal to have the 7000 drive off the lift wheels.

Was this converted from some sort of 7100, parts swapped around to make a planter type of deal?

Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back