John Deere 730 diesel

Jamesbutler

New User
I have a John Deere 730 diesel. While running one day, it started to strain while sitting still, like a gasoline engine would sound if the timing is slow. I ve taken off the fly wheel cover, and the injection pump cover to make sure everything is in time, and it is. Has anyone encountered a problem like this and where should I look?

I assume you shut off the fuel by pulling the speed control back with the off button pulled. You can use the
decompression pedal to let the engine roll to a gentle stop, but use decompression only after fuel is SHUT OFF.

Please describe STRAIN to help us understand what you mean.

(quoted from post at 12:14:33 05/28/23) I assume you shut off the fuel by pulling the speed control back with the off button pulled. You can use the
decompression pedal to let the engine roll to a gentle stop, but use decompression only after fuel is SHUT OFF.

Please describe STRAIN to help us understand what you mean.
Strain, like the timing is slow. I ve ran this tractor for 30 years and haven t experienced what it s doing. Fuel filters were changed last year. But it in the past if it was starved for fuel it would just be weak

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back