John Deere 95 carburetor kit

Hi Jim.ME

Yessss. That is what I was looking for. You must have a lot of numbers in your head. Without knowing the numbers for the parts catalog how would one find it in the online system?

Thanks

(quoted from post at 09:04:39 09/11/23)
Hi Jim.ME

Yessss. That is what I was looking for. You must have a lot of numbers in your head. Without knowing the numbers for the parts catalog how would one find it in the online system?

Thanks

I don't have the numbers in my head. I read through the first few pages of the two 95 combine parts books, one of those is where the clipped picture of the power unit parts catalogs numbers that I posted for you came from.

Also, typing combine engine in the model search box gets you a list of the combine engine parts catalogs as well. Reading the info in a number of those tell the models and which combines they were originally used in.

Hi:

Finally got the extra fuel tank off to find the combine tag. Tag is beat up but looks like a serial number starting with 8 or 3 and I am guessing 3 is correct. Rest of the numbers very hard to decipher. So this would imply I have a 303 power plant. Searching on the net I found a company in Canada selling a 303 unit and the pictures they have match our motor which is a type H1B motor.

Ok back to JD parts to get PC956 and look at the diagrams. They list 3 carburetors for this motor and the third unit they list of part ST567024 matches best. JD lists part number RE528308 for the kit. Searching the net for that part finds a match for Marvel Schebler-TSX464 TSX904 carburetors.

Also according to PC956 we have a prestolite distributor with a AT15690 part number. Now I just have to convert the JD part number to a prestolite part number for the local parts store.

If the second number of the machine serial number is a 5 it would appear your guess would be correct. The list says serial number 35001 and after used the 303. If the second number is a 4 it is one of the other engines, unless the engine was changed at some point.

Is the engine ID tag still on the engine?

mvphoto109804.jpg

Do you need a complete distributor? Some of those Prestolite distributors had a tag under one of the cap clip screws. If it is there it may have the Prestolite model number on it. If you just need points, condenser, etc., the parts store should be able to cross the JD part numbers for those items. I don't find the part number AT15690 as a valid part number when I searched it in the parts catalog. Here is what I see for the distributor part number in PC956 online, AT18286, and it gives the Prestolite model numbers. (The breakdown of the distributor components is on the next page.)
mvphoto109806.jpg

Hi Jim.ME:

The picture you have is what the motor in our unit looks like minus the tag. No sign of a tag to be seen.

Hmmm that number was to be for the distributor cap. Looks like I copied it wrong. It is the cap I would like to replace. Having the points and condenser will help as well. I have looked at NAPA but so far I have not been able to cross the JD part numbers to their numbers. I will keep trying

AT14690 is the cap, and it looks like that crosses to a Standard Motor Products # AL-491. The Rotor should be a SMP # AL-167.
Points should be SMP # AL-5486P. The condenser should be SMP # AL-111. Your NAPA store should be able to cross the SMP numbers as SMP (or its parent company) makes/supplies the Echlin line.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back