Distillate E10 carburetor graphite

13fx

Just got back around to being able to work on projects again and am in the process of going through the W4s carburetor. Most everything looks good to reuse except for the graphite plug. I really don't want to buy a full kit at $63 when all I need is the graphite. Does anyone know of a supplier that sells only the graphite, or maybe has one left over from a kit they put in without it?

should be able to buy some rope packing and steal a thread out of it to use in there.
My local hardware store carries rope packings. So would I just stuff a short bit in length wise and push the main jet through it then? And if that works, what about candle wick packing? I have some left over from a case motor rebuild.

Marks Carburetor Parts in Little Falls, MN (markscarbparts on eBay) sells the graphite packing, packing nut (which is always rounded anyways) and the main load needle for $16.99 (free shipping on eBay). An entire "basic" Farmall H kit is $25.99. Mark's kits are high quality.

Just got back around to being able to work on projects again and am in the process of going through the W4s carburetor. Most everything looks good to reuse except for the graphite plug. I really don't want to buy a full kit at $63 when all I need is the graphite. Does anyone know of a supplier that sells only the graphite, or maybe has one left over from a kit they put in without it?
Mcdonalds carburetor and ignition has them $2.43 each. Shipping though, used to get several at a time so always had one.

My local hardware store carries rope packings. So would I just stuff a short bit in length wise and push the main jet through it then? And if that works, what about candle wick packing? I have some left over from a case motor rebuild.
No, u need to remove the packing nut then coil it in then screw the nut back in and start the needle also. Once you have your needle set u can tighten it a bit more.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back