John Deere 950 4 wheel drive conversion??

Has anyone ever added 4 wheel drive to a 2 wheel drive tractor (JD950). I currently have a 2 wheel drive and have a lead on a 4 wheel drive with a bad engine. Any info would be nice. I am sure I can put both tractor beside each other and start swapping parts, what I am looking for in any quirks I might run into. Thanks in advance. Happy New Year
 
If I was going to do a swap with a donor tractor I'd put the good engine in the MFWD tractor. I think that swapping engines would be easier than adding 4WD drive gears & frt axle to 2WD.
 
TX Jim, I just look at the other tractor and I agree with you, might be a lot of work. The only problem is that the one with 4 wheel drive had a salt spread on it and it is a mess, everything is rotted and frozen beyond repair and has to be replaced. Big $$. This is one to walk away from. Thanks for the input. Jim
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top