John Deere A early generator bracket

smsmedra

New User
Hello, i have a 1940 John Deere A with electric start. The generator bracket is gone and I have one tracked down. I was wondering if anyone had some pictures of those brackets installed on the tractor so i can make sure i got the correct one and see exactly how it fits.
B1593R A2228R are the part numbers
There a complete setup on ebay right now that has good pictures just none on a tractor

Also has anyone ever tried using a Powermaster PowerGEN Alternator on a 2 cylinder tractor. One wire hook up, looks like a generator but has the internals of an alternator. Would it have enough RPM?
If anyones done or tried this i would like to know more about it and part number and were it was purchased. Heres an example below
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwm-82101?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4t_W1I60-wIVzfHjBx2CaQxIEAQYFyABEgIYEvD_BwE
Thank you

I can tell you what my dad did in the 60s. 1 used 12v
generator and regulator with the bracket from a v8
Chevy. Back then it would have been $30.00. He had 12V
on our A and the 70.

I have not used that brand, but have used 1 wire alternators on 2 cylinder tractors. They work just fine. Some might say they don't look right, but they provide trouble free operation.

I still have two of the generator brackets and a 6 volt generator that i would part with if interested. They fit on the 45 A i had several years ago

mvphoto100045.jpg

mvphoto100046.jpg

Thank you for the pictures but mine actually takes the older/other style that bolts to the fan support shaft, I was hoping to find some pictures of that style, i will keep the generators in mind tho if i decide not to try one of these new style generator/alternators

mvphoto100076.png

This post was edited by smsmedra on 12/10/2022 at 06:18 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back