groove has a notch all the way around on the 4 of them. The
second grove their is 4 but they are not .250, their about half the
size. The oil rings are good and right but Im not sure if there is
an update to the rings or I just messed up on ordering. My
pistons are standard A3282R pistons, does anyone know where
to get rings for that piston? And also my bores I believe may
need more honeing, should I do this with a stone hone and not a
ball hone, I havent seen a bore like this before but there is no
major pitting in the cylinder. Thanks for all your help yall.
cvphoto133569.jpg

cvphoto133570.jpg

Inn my view of the situation there is no chance that standard components will be successful in these bores. The block needs to be bored larger and appropriate pistons fit. It may be beyond the oversize range to get it clean! In which case the block can be bored even larger and repair sleeves installed to bring it back to standard, or oversized as you choose. Jim

The honing required to clean up those pits will most likely be more than the dimensions for standard rings and pistons to cover. So as Janichlonson said boring and sleeving it may be the answer if it is too big when the pits are cleared up in it. The pits in the cylinder will wear the piston rings very fast and also they will trap oil to go by the rings into the combustion chamber and thus it will probably smoke and burn oil from the get go.

Sorry, but I would hate to see what a cylinder that you say has major pits looks like. The photos may be exaggerating what I see but I would agree with others, if you put it together like that your tractor will have the nickname ..ole Smokey... You need to acquire some oversized pistons and have it bored. Sorry, If you want to play you have to pay.
See link
Popper A pistons

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back