John Deere mower deck

Mark-Ia

My son-in-law bought a new E110 with a 42 deck last June from Van Wall Equipment in Story City Iowa. First time he mowed with it I told him something was wrong with it as it wasn't cutting right. He called them to come out and check the air pressure in the tires and make sure the deck was level. No better. This spring my Daughter wanted me to look at the mower to see what needed to be done. Took the deck off and found this. Took it back to Van Wall, They installed new blades as you can see and checked for bent spindles, Spindles were fine, said it was better. I took the deck over to a different dealer (K.C. Nielsen) to have them look at it. The shop man looked at it and said; I bet it doesn't mow very good. No sign that it has ever hit anything. Cutting edge is off by 1/2 between blades. They (K.C.Nielsen/ Harcourt Iowa) ordered a new shell for it as it is still under warranty for 388 more days.
cvphoto90573.jpg

cvphoto90574.jpg

The normal repair for that problem involves a 2x4 laid across the top of the deck and a mall to smack the deck in strategic places until it is relatively level.

Those decks are not precision parts. Since the crooked deck is being replaced under warranty, the replacement deck SHOULD BE straighter. Don't bet the rent money on it, though.

I have see a lot of new decks, in the return to the factory plie behind the dealers.(I deliver to 5 of them)

Typical. I "re-adjust" my JD 3 blade 48" deck annually with a BFH. The decks are pretty thin and will not stay stiff enough to not twist some.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back