John Deere Pedal Tractor

Tyler Wind

New User
I was hoping someone could help me out with a question. I will warn you that this is going to sound very, very odd, especially considering I'm 29 years old. Regardless, I had a John Deere pedal tractor that my parents got me sometime in the early 80's. As silly as it may seem, it was probably one of my most valued possessions. Unfortunately, I learned last night that I lost my little pedal tractor in a big barn fire at my parent's house. I have a few pictures and was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me identify the exact model. Although it will not be my tractor, I'm determined to find an exact replacement regardless of price. Any help you can offer (in this odd situation) is greatly appreciated! I'm going to try to post a picture of my tractor--thanks again!

PS-To Whom It May Concern: I'm sorry for posting this several places...I posted the message before I fully explored this website...I'll try to delete the others!
id13667.jpg
 
They call that the 30 series pedal tractor.

They are readily available to replace the one you lost.

Should be able to find one on ebay or other toy sales and stores.

It is not crazy to want to keep your pedal tractor from the kid days.

I'm 50 and still have mine.

If you are close to Eastern Iowa I can help locate one if you want. They are not real high cost at this time. $150-$300

Gary
 
I just did a little research. The 30 series had 2 variations. But I don't know the difference.

But the 40 series did have the plastic seat and steering wheel along with the black strip decals.

The later 50 series and the same casting for a while then they went to a new casting for the 50 series.
 
Thanks for the update. Where are you finding your information? I"d like to take a look at some web pages if you could send me a link. I checked out Potter"s Farm Toys and according to their site my tractor was a model 520. But, there were different models of the 520--4440, 4450, etc. Based on the years they state, I"d guess mine was a 4440 or 4450. I"d like to figure out exactly what mine was so I can buy/rebuild an exact model (may be silly, but I want is exact if possible). Any further help you can offer is greatly appreciated!
 
Yours is the later 30 series, because of the black seat.

Early ones had yellow.

Yours is NOT a 40 or 50. They had the black stripe in the decal.

They all used the 520 stock number. That is where the # 520 came from.


Gary
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top