John Deere Pickup Head

3020G

I have what I am told is a 212P head. (Will attach pictures below) this head seems to be in decent shape but I not the previous owner has used it. The auger flighting is good and square and it all looks to be in place along with a motor to turn it. I have absolutely no use for this Head here in southern Indiana. What should I ask for this so I can get it sold? I would like it to go to someone that could use instead of me removing the motor and cutting it up.. I d be willing to trade around on other farm equipment but I need to know what this is worth first.

mvphoto41105.png

mvphoto41106.png

This is going to be disappointing for you to hear but maybe $800. I bought an IH. last year with the preferred rubber belt pu for $650.

Looks like a Renn drum pickup (they also made a draper-style pickup). They were very simple, I think you can still get the teeth and rubber retainer blocks for them. I had one years ago, did a good job of picking up a swath. As far as value, IDK. Up here you might get $1,500 to $2,000. for it but in other areas it's wouldn't have much value.

There might be more demand in the North Dakota, South Dakota, Saskatchewan area but transportation will be the problem.

(quoted from post at 12:43:06 08/15/19) There might be more demand in the North Dakota, South Dakota, Saskatchewan area but transportation will be the problem.

I'm in north central North Dakota and with the widespread use of the "chemical that causes non-Hodgkins Lymphoma" in groundskeepers and homeowners with limited exposure to it is so widely used to "desiccate" wheat prior to harvest I don't think you could give away a swather or a narrow "pickup head" around here at this time.

Bob I didnt realize glypho was used that extensively in your neck of the woods. North of you about 400 miles canola was still swathed ten years ago and wheat and oats were knocked down into swaths later in the season if snow was forecast. My step mother had land in your part of the country. The homesteaded family farm is east of Fessenden on the James river.

(quoted from post at 21:51:15 08/15/19)
(quoted from post at 12:43:06 08/15/19) There might be more demand in the North Dakota, South Dakota, Saskatchewan area but transportation will be the problem.

I'm in north central North Dakota and with the widespread use of the "chemical that causes non-Hodgkins Lymphoma" in groundskeepers and homeowners with limited exposure to it is so widely used to "desiccate" wheat prior to harvest I don't think you could give away a swather or a narrow "pickup head" around here at this time.

Bob, can you hook me up with one of those free swathers? I would like a 15 with cab and diesel

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back