John Deere Spray Paint

Ldwallace

What spray paint do you use?

Is it best to get actual John Deere paint or will after markets brands work just as well. I am thinking
John Deere paint will be more expensive. I will do some research after I post this.

I am going to paint a new battery box and will probably follow that up by painting the cowl and engine
hood. Not expecting restoration quality but an improved look.

Just got done restoring a 520 pedal tractor for the state fair for our club to give away. Used classic green from my local JD dealer, cost was pretty close to the hardware store brand, seemed to cover well, no complaints. Tried a couple of big box stores and smaller hardware stores but no luck finding JD green paint, maybe still supply chain issues

Go with the JD paint. Cheaper JD green paints do not weather well and turn blueish green when exposed to elements after a few years.

Do you just want it greenish or the right green? I haven't found anything else that matches Deere's paint very well.

I want it to match the test of the tractor but that would be very faded

I didnt make my question as clear as I could have. I want the same green look as JD paint. For now I
am just painting the new battery box but in the future I want to paint the hood. The hood will require a
bit of prep work first.

After looking at some older threads I would also want a paint that is safe with a simple mask.

JD only for me. I painted a plow with Tractor Supply JD Green a few years ago and it looks awful now. It is not JD green, it has blue streaks, and the paint is very chalky. You can almost wipe it off. Would have been better off leaving it alone.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back