JONH DEERE 850 PUMP

scottdevall

New User
i recently bought a 1983 john deere 850 and the previous owner attempted to replace the hydraulic pump, he failed and i tried and getting it to work today and was unsucessful. i checked the hydraulic fluid at back with dip stick and i topped off fluid. so is there something im missing like bleeding it. the pump was repaced because it started to leak out of the seam and he got one from jd.

(quoted from post at 19:49:36 08/22/22) i recently bought a 1983 john deere 850 and the previous owner attempted to replace the hydraulic pump, he failed and i tried and getting it to work today and was unsucessful. i checked the hydraulic fluid at back with dip stick and i topped off fluid. so is there something im missing like bleeding it. the pump was repaced because it started to leak out of the seam and he got one from jd.

That gear pump should prime itself, but it wouldn't have been a bad idea to pour some hydraulic oil into the pump and manually rotate it several turns before installing it.

Have you cleaned out the suction screen? If I remember correctly there is a small plate on the left side under or just behind the floor board. Seem like it is held in place with 3 screws.

I worked on one they dead headed the pump due to hyd. quick couplers popping off. It busted the shaft
keyway.

(quoted from post at 09:35:09 08/31/22) took it apart and found the woodruff key sheared off
so i put in a napa wood ruff key way and it raised the bucket once and than it broke, than nothing. so i order 3 new ones from john deere, does anybody have any input on why they keep breaking?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back