Jubilee oil filter

Super99GM

Member
Bought what appears to be a Jubilee this week with a weak engine. Noticed that it has spin on oil filter with no adapter. I guess I thought it should have the cartridge filter or the adapter. Is this a replacement block. Block casting number is C0NN1650G if I remember correctly.
 
The block casting number is probably C0NN6015G. If so, I believe that calls out a 134 gas engine built in 1960 or later. You may have a 601 rather than a Jubilee. Look at your rear axle hubs. Is there a 2" nut on the end or is the axle hub smooth? If it has a nut, it's likely a Jubilee (or NAA) with a newer engine. If the hub is smooth, that would point toward a 601 or early 2000. Here are some links that may help you zero in on what you have.
<a href=http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=297418&ck=>John in LA's info site</a>
<a href=http://home.att.net/~jmsmith45/identify.htm>John Smith's tractor ID page</a>
 
If it has a spin-on, but no adaptor plate, the block has been replaced. Or it is newer than a Jubilee. (Can't remember when they switched to not using the adaptor... maybe '62?)
 
Thanks for the help. It has the nut retained rear axle hubs like the 8N (both are loose). Several things point to a possible rough life. The clutch pedal is bent and the left foot board has been replaced with what looks like a 01 series style foot board. The hydraulic tubes are nearly crushed on the right side. I had worked on the tractor a few years ago for the previous owner and replaced a radius arm that looked like a bananna. It has almost no compression on # 3 and 4 cylinders. Looks like a good winter project. It goes good with the 8N and 860.
 
Super:

Your compression problem could be as simple as a blown head gasket between 3 and 4.

Love those Detroits!

Dean
 
The head gasket is what I was hoping too. The Detroits are great when you want to make a little noise, but as I get older I appreciate the quiet purr of my 8N.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top