Jubilee woodruff key in oil pan

todd138

New User
Hi all,
New here, and new to a '54 jubilee. Didn't need it, always wanted an 8n, 9n or jubilee, it's ready for some love, so oil change, drop pan to clean it and the oil pump, woodruff key laying in front of pan, runs great, any help would be welcome Thanks Todd

The NAA was a step up from the 8N model now having the Red Tiger 134 CID OHV Engine and a newly designed/improved hydraulic system to name
two changes. The NAA was the next model identification code but only the 1953 unit was designated the JUBILEE, a tribute by HF II to his
grandfather, Jubilee being a Biblical reference to 50 years as FoMoCo was 50 years old now. The 1954 model was just the NAA but virtually
the same tractor. The best investment one can make for any owner are the Essential Manuals and read religiously. You should have copy of
the OEM Owner Manual, a copy of the 39-53 MPC (Master Parts Catalog), and a copy of the I&T FO-19 Manual, the FO-20 Manual is better. There
is also an OEM FORD SERVICE MANUAL that was supplied for technicians at the Ford Tractor Dealerships. All of these are available at Dennis
Carpenter Reproductions.

FORD NAA TRACTOR ESSENTIAL OWNER/OPERATOR/PARTS/SERVICE MANUALS:

EtYhvhal.jpg
MKcMiXHl.jpg
NtWeyGol.jpg
9V2hbRFh.jpg
0gZ7MDYl.jpg
g9131CIl.jpg

Tim Daley(MI)

It would be interesting to know the size of the key. #16 in this link is used in two locations to align, retain position and drive the cam and crank gears.

NAA engine

Once installed they are locked in. I can only imagine one was pushed out are dropped while performing a repair then replaced and they did not retrieve the old key.

HiYa HOBO-
Good info worthy of saving for future reference. I don't have my manauls handy at the moment so couldn't look in the NAA MPC. I know the
front axle spindles have a Woodruff key and the GEN also too has one but how the heck they would have gotten into the engine oil pan was a
mystery to me.

Tim Daley(MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back