Knock Off Marvel Schebler

Hobo,NC

This is a nice cast steel/iron knock off its a nice piece of work. It idled great when you accelerated it stumbled bad. It may have surged at full throttle I don't remember. What ever it was not acceptable. The guy had two this one and an aluminum (guess) knock off they both ran the same way.

I opened both up did not see anything wrong with them. I went to the scrap parts pile pulled an original out cleaned it, it ran great. I told him one day I will look deeper into the knock off's. The only thing left is the Ventura so I looked at it closer. Someone mentioned a issue with the Ventura a few years ago it stuck in my head I don't remember the issue are the fix.

This plastic one is cracked and a little crushed WTF

mvphoto112435.jpg

No problem I go the spare parts bin and grab a old brass Ventura. For a check install it and join the two hafts :Shock:

mvphoto112436.jpg

They did a bang up job on reproducing it how did they miss this.
The jury is out on how I am gonna compensated for this maybe 2/3 gaskets. I figure it to be around .040 off.

We may have a winner, a member John called me and said to check the eco jet size. the econo jet was a .076. I put a .046 in it I may cram the plastic Venturi back in it and try it out on the next N that comes in the door. .076 on the left.

mvphoto112439.jpg

(quoted from post at 13:34:51 12/15/23) This is a nice cast steel/iron knock off its a nice piece of work. It idled great when you accelerated it stumbled bad. It may have surged at full throttle I don't remember. What ever it was not acceptable. The guy had two this one and an aluminum (guess) knock off they both ran the same way.

I opened both up did not see anything wrong with them. I went to the scrap parts pile pulled an original out cleaned it, it ran great. I told him one day I will look deeper into the knock off's. The only thing left is the Ventura so I looked at it closer. Someone mentioned a issue with the Ventura a few years ago it stuck in my head I don't remember the issue are the fix.

This plastic one is cracked and a little crushed WTF

mvphoto112435.jpg

No problem I go the spare parts bin and grab a old brass Ventura. For a check install it and join the two hafts :Shock:

mvphoto112436.jpg

They did a bang up job on reproducing it how did they miss this.
The jury is out on how I am gonna compensated for this maybe 2/3 gaskets. I figure it to be around .040 off.
aybe somebody installed it with big end and little end reversed??

(quoted from post at 23:42:53 12/15/23) If you have access to a lathe, you could trim the venturi.

I got a lathe that would be tricky to snip some off. How about a press a press it is : ). They are like a spring you press it it springs back. I figured it would have some compressibility my calculation in its normal home 20 tho. It was a trick you had to press it quite a bit to shorten it. Its in and with the correct econo jet its looking for a home.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back