Kobalt Tool Quality

I bought a small set of Kobalt wrenches that were on sale to put in a tractor toolbox. I bought three sets and didn't pay much attention to them until I got outside and two of the sets were already rust covered. I took them back in and they didn't question anything and let me pick out another set but I had to do a bunch of digging to find some that weren't rusty. It was only surface rust so cosmetic only but they shouldn't be that way from new. They have a nice feel to them and a couple days later they came in very handy when the alternator went out in the hay field. I somewhat question the warrantee from Lowes because they are phasing out several Kobalt tools in favor of Craftsman.
 
Hello Gleen F,

Never thought I would say this... ideally like these Harbor Freight set


Guido.

cvphoto38480.jpg
 
I have had a socket set for many years. The only problem I have had is the 1/4 drive ratchet does not stay locked at times.
We gave our son a socket set many years ago and it has held up very well to on farm use.
Richard in NW SC
 

Define "good quality". Are they like the older Craftsman/SK/Proto? No, not quite. Are they better than some of the Walmart Stanley or older HF stuff? Yeah, by quite a bit. They aren't the best or worst.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top