Kohler Engine Fuel Pump

bdoss2006

I have an 8hp kohler engine (K181 I think?) on a wheelhorse. I have had trouble with the fuel pump leaking multiple times for years. It appears to have the original fuel pump. Before the latest repair, it was literally spraying gas from where the two halves come together with every stroke. I bought this rebuild kit

from Isavetractors, and installed it tonight. The leaking is slower but it is sorta oozing as the engine runs. I dont know why it is still leaking. I made sure both sides were clean, and even sanded them slightly with 600 sand paper. Any ideas on what the deal is or how to fix it?

Take pump apart again.. On the two fuel pump bodies; take a flat file and file down the four side surfaces flat on each pump bodies.. The flat surfaces are warped causing your leak... Each pump body has to be flat from hole to hole...

Take pump apart again.. On the two fuel pump bodies; take a flat file and file down the four side surfaces flat on each pump bodies.. The flat surfaces are warped causing your leak... Each pump body has to be flat from hole to hole...
I’ll try that. That’s sorta what I was thinking but I thought I’d get some other opinions.

Well you were right. It looked to be pretty darn warped. I filed it down and it doesnt seem to be leaking now.

or you can use a piece of sandpaper on a pane of glass

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back