Kornfused,Total frustration./pix.

Lou from Wi.

Kornfused, Just finished looking at your garden pictures and I am wondering where your located?.
All I can say is I'm one who is sorry you had such bad luck(if one can call it that)with no moisture for the plants. Son watered every day(early morning) and every evening.It's too much time invested to let it all dry up. some years back I bought a large trash pump and have on hand 6 , 55 gal drums to fill from the lake if necessary. I don't want to throw salt on your wound by showing pictures of the benefits of dual watering,but a couple of new additions (sweet potatoes& Broccoli made it great. Haven't dug the sweet taters yet to find out the size. Gonna wait till late sept.Like you, I'm sure you guys rely on garden items to help tide the expenses in the winter months.I sure wish we could share our garden with you folks. Warmest regards LOU.P.S.Picture order is
!-4 is sweet taters 5. watermellons.6 muskmelon. 7 Over laden apple tree gonna have to prune back the top) 8 grape vine.9 Peach tree onions on left, horseradish on the right.10=11 are regular spuds. 12 corn. 13 tomatoes Left hand of photo is cabbage.14 tomatoes, peppers, cauliflower.15 is sprinkler on the burbank russets .
a76683.jpg

a76684.jpg

a76685.jpg

a76686.jpg

a76688.jpg

a76689.jpg

a76690.jpg

a76691.jpg

a76692.jpg

a76693.jpg

a76694.jpg

a76695.jpg

a76696.jpg

a76697.jpg

a76698.jpg

Lou, that is very nice, thanks for showing me what veggies are supposed to look like so I now have a goal! I refuse to try and fight a drought with a garden hose. Well the wife thought other wise but she is close to giving up too. It has been so hot we spend most of our water on the chickens trying to keep them from dying because of the heat. Chickens cool through their feet so we have to keep the ground wet and cool for them - have you ever seen a chicken pant? And since we have no rain I am having trouble trying to keep 60 meat birds on grass - I am losing the fight there too!

I am going to let the rest of my garden die, the sweet corn did not make it.

It is just not worth the water this year.

Really nice Lou ! Them melons look awful tastey.
I couldnt begin to add up how much money your saving with your garden and much nicer looking produce then you get at the market.
Great job
Tony

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back