Kubota- how do you keep them running???

coonie minnie

I know there are several people on here with Kubota items, and I need to ask, how do you get parts? And how long does it take?

I purchased a Kubota skid steer (new) this spring... and it has been back to the dealer 3 times now for warranty work. I've used it less than 250 hours total. I have a fleet of four skid loaders, and I will tell you all brands have issues.

But the big problem is that in a 3 cases, it has taken the dealer multiple weeks to get parts. Currently the loader is waiting for a new traction motor, as the internal parking brake in mine failed. The loader has been at the dealer since September 3rd, and they informed me yesterday the motor is backordered and it missed its arrival date, and they have no clue when it will arrive.

Most gets blamed on Kubota's parts distribution system, and a move to a new warehouse last year that was never completed correctly.

Anyone else have similar experiences???

I've been provided with a loaner loader each time (and not charged, yet anyway) but this is getting old. This isn't what I signed up for!

my dad had a gearbox go out of his mower with less then 10 hrs and it took several months. The worse part was they would not take one off a new one on the lot or give him a loaner.

I have next day parts on everything I have that is Kubota. The Canadian parts distribution warehouse is only 50 miles away from me. I wonder if some parts have to come to you from Canada, and the current nnalert 19 stuff is getting in the way of timely parts distribution?

I have very rarely needed any parts, but as with harder to get Ford or New Holland parts I order them from Messick's in Elizabethtown PA. They are well known to do a very big on line business and many here will tell you that they do business with them, and they apparently keep a good stock on hand.

I had a problem with my M6060 last year with 300 hours on it. It was in the shop twice and they finally put new injectors in it because the district rep told them to. It worked and I have never had a problem with it since, It actually has more power and way less regen times. My parts came in quickly (it only took about a week for them) but waiting for the rep to get there was the big problem. My dealer had no loaner tractors but I had plenty so I didn't need one. If I were to buy another new tractor it would be a Kubota.

According to a couple different dealerships people are stuck at home right now. They're working on their property since they have more time on their hands. Basically all brands are building everything they can to keep up with demand. When I was looking at a rotary a couple weeks ago I was told they couldn't get one till maybe spring of next year. I have a Kubota tiller made in the mid 70's. I've ordered a couple parts for it before this junk started and it only took a couple days. That's probably affecting parts distribution.

I have five Kubota machines and have never had issues with parts availability, even for the 1993 B1750.

Thank the federales for most (I did not say all) of the problems with the new skid steer machines.

Dean

I do not know exactly what your problem may be from. But in general nnalert 19 has all distribution backed up and then add in the extra demand this year it has been Crazy !
I work in parts sales and it has been our busiest year ever and we have had more back orders than ever too. Machine sales is really good too ,but parts backorders and other issues like reduced staff from nnalert furloughs has really pushed back our build dates and volume.

I don't have a kubota,but I do have a
ford new holland,and I live 45 minutes
from messicks.Like showcrop said,they are
the best in the business,and they
sell,service,and repair a ton of
kubotas.They have very good service,all
the employees are very willing to help.

Rock

I've not had to buy anything big from our Kubota dealer yet, just a top link and pins. Both times delivery has been next day. And I'm no where near a distribution centre.

I have had good luck on Kubota parts over the years but I will say they have been a little slower on the few things I've ordered since the current situation began. I have been waiting two weeks for a attachment I brought with the new Kubota zero turn I brought two weeks ago. Tractor parts use to only take a day or two but lately seems to be more like 4-5 days.

I had an issue with a gear box on my F3060. There are 4 dealers in my area. Was told by all of them not in stock and 2-3 weeks to get it. Call messicks (a 1000 miles away) and had them in 3 days. They've been my go to for 5 years and have never let me down.

NOT making excuses , but two things the nnalert 19 thing and the change to the parts distribution system has hit you a double whammy. For years KUBOTA had four regional distribution warehouses, Georgia for southeast , Ohio for Northeast, Texas and California. When tractors got larger and sales of skid-steers and excavators took off they decided to consolidate and have one central parts warehouse in Kansas for the entire nation. Spent a lot off money and time but at this time there are still problems. Once it is on line and going maybe things will get better. The nnalert thing has affected suppliers ability to furnish parts also. Hope you get yours worked out. Sounds like you have a good dealer. That replacement unit is at his expense , not KUBOTAs .

Think you answered the big question on here.Will tractors built today be running 40 years from now?(LOL)BTW I can get any part for my
50 year old Fiat built 1365 Oliver in a couple days,and a whole lot cheaper than JBota parts.

Absolutes such as "any," "all," "always," "never," etc., are all inclusive.

Those who use such are nearly always incorrect.

I expect that there are, indeed, parts for your 40 year old Oliver that are not available as well as others that are more expensive than comparable Kubota parts.

Dean

It's just the way things are built today. I bought a TORO zero turn mower and it went back three times before it had eight hours on it. The Kubota I bought in 1987 has had only common problems you have with any tractor. I haven't bought any parts since the nnalert mess started. Before that it generally only took a couple days to get parts. Mainly because the tractor had been discontinued and they had to bring in parts from all over the country.

It’s the dealer

Local Kubota dealer tells me something is on back order he is full of crap.

I can call 2 other dealers that now get 99% of my business as they can get the parts in stock or from Kubota

Kubota WILL DROP SHIP parts if you tell them you need them in a hurry

Once had a issue with a redesigned part that had a specific feature I was looking for. Kubota sent a person out in the Corp warehouse and sent me a picture of the part to make sure it was the one I wanted. And then shipped it so I had it in 2 days

Can’t ask for better service than that

I dont owen any kubotas, but i ordered a knife head from newholland dealer, 3 weeks later I finally got it after calling twice, i dont know if he plane forgot to order it, or what, usually takes 3 days to get a order from them. Maybe its because of nnalert, that messed things up, enough with this crap, i see idiots wearing masks in there car by themselves, wearing them walking down rural streets, heck one poster posted a pic of himself and another guy cutting trees wearing masks?😂😂😂, do either of them have nnalert, do the trees they just cut have nnalert?? Enough with this nonsense.

(quoted from post at 05:06:58 09/24/20) I purchased a Kubota skid steer (new) this spring... and it has been back to the dealer 3 times now for warranty work. I've used it less than 250 hours total. I have a fleet of four skid loaders, and I will tell you all brands have issues.

Thank you for posting your experience. I was considering a Kubota skid steer but was having problems getting past what is unknown to me. Your post fills that gap.

I was at my local Kub dealer yesterday. The owner told me everything was delayed due to the various lockdowns, new distancing regulations at the factories, etc. Things aren't going to be back to normal until next spring, maybe summer. So if the part doesn't already exist in a warehouse, it may take a while. That alternative won't be quick either. Seems to be about par for the course.

Mike

My guess is the whole bunch of dealers (and all other suppliers) are blaming the delays on nnalert. I think that's a poor excuse. What could the flu have to do with hammering out the parts, throwing them in boxes and shipping them out have to due with nnalert?

No matter what you buy nowadays its un knowen!
My brother has a new holland ls 180 i think its a
2013, its on its 3rd overhead mother board or
computer whatever you call it, its up by the roof, its
all touch buttons, $1000 a pop!

New holland will never ever be what it once was as long as thr bean counters at fiat have their finger in the pie . They have wanted to sell cnh for awhile but nobody wants it

I only have 3 pieces of nh equipment, a running gear for a hay wagon, a 489 haybine, and a 518 manure spreader which since sold, guess which one was the most reliable?
The running gear😂😂

None of our 5 Kubota's have had to go back to the dealer for anything although none of ours are large enough or new enough to have DEF. I'm betting your issues are stemming from emissions components?

I purchase parts directly from Messicks. Parts diagrams and ordering all online. Awesome customer service when you call in. I usually receive parts in 1-3 days. They ship out of PA.

As far as the nnalert screwing up supply chains. I heard something similar from my local dealer. There is some truth to it. A lot of manufacturing plants plants got shut down due to the virus; domestically and abroad. Additionally, since no one was going out and shopping local, online sales boomed, stressing logistics lines... A lot of industrial items I buy that come from overseas have astronomical lead times at the moment.

It is not a myth. Most items are made in China or Italy. This (flu) hit those places first and hard. They shut everything down early on. The ports were also shut down. No ships going in or out and no one to load and unload them either. Early this year we had a meeting at work about this. They showed a map on the screen of all the ships sitting in the ocean that could not load or unload.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back