Kubota M6060 loosing power

Keith Molden

My M6060 acts like it's governor quits working and the rpm drop down after a little while when doing any work with it. I've changed the fuel filter and drained all the fuel out of the tank (everything was clean and no dirt in the fuel at all. We took the fuel line off and blew through it with air several times. It has been regenned when the light came on. It only has 270 hours on it, but we drained the tran-hydraulic oil and replaced it just in case. No dirt and no burnt smell there either. this tractor has never been worked hard since I bought it new in 2017, the hardest work it's ever done is mowing with a drum mower and baling with a 4x4 baler. yesterday we had to put the Massey 255 on the baler after baling 9 bales with the Kubota (rpsm went down to around the 350 area). Let it set till we brought the baler home and went back after it. ( sat for a little over an hour. Went back and loaded 15 bales with it and roaded it home (about 41/2 miles) before we got home the top speed was 15 mph. Sitting still in neutral it will rev up but once any load at all is applied the rpms drop down gradually. Anybody got any ideas before I call the dealer and take it to them to fix. Keith

Probably software problem or update needed, if it is dealer will most likely have dealt with issue already and recognize symptoms.

Bruce, The air cleaner is clean & I blew it out anyway. After we blew back through the fuel line it did good for awhile then started doing it's thing again. Yesterday it ran good for maybe 5 minutes after we blew the fuel line out. I can't find any vent on the fuel tank, kinda wondering if there is a vent line that might be plugged somehow. Gonna go down and take a look at it this morning. I was just too hot and tired last evening to fool with it. Hottest day of the year. I. do appreciate your input Keith

Keith HAVE had a few do what your is doing, Go to the FUEL FILTER housing and do a lot of blowing, there are some passages there in the top that seem to get clogged, the fact that it ran better after you blew in the lines sure puts me to think it is fuel related there close. Fuel vent will cause wont to suck the tank in and when they quit from that if you remove the fuel cap you will have a sucking sound. System is double vented so doubt it is a vent problem. Only other thing that will mimic what you are seeing is sometimes the return line from fuel rail can get stopped up but most of the time that just causes complete shut down not reduced rpms. I think you will find it there in the filter base.

The MX100 I had would act like what you are saying, but in sub 0F temperatures. The fuel line and pump were freezing, but with your warm weather, that?s sure not the case. Does sound fuel related, and can?t be anything too dramatic. I?d give the dealership a call. You have plenty of warranty on your Kubota, let the dealer earn his money.

Let us know what you find. As suggested it does sound fuel related. I brought a new M 6060 in Dec last year and have a 100 hrs on it. Would like to know in case I ever have a problem. Good luck as I know first hand its awful discouraging when a new piece of equipment doesn't work right.

One problem is if the dealer can prove it's a fuel related issue they don't always cover it under warranty, a friend had this happen with a new Cub garden tractor. Do you think the pump could use a little more lubrication? I add a little 2-cycle oil to every tank of diesel in our JD4600.

Take the cap off and run it a bit and if that helps you know you have vent type problem. Or maybe the return line is clogged up not letting the fuel to return to the tank

(quoted from post at 10:11:09 07/15/19)
Sucking air at a fitting? It happened to me once.
Have a 2017 M6060 with 500 hrs with the almost exact same problem, when cold it runs fine and when warm moving hay on road it gets slower and slower until I have to stay in first gear, I have changed fuel filter , air cleaner and screen, just did a regen. when cools off it is fine again until warm and gets weaker and weaker. Im thinking of putting a fuel pressure gauge on it to see if fuel pressure is dropping when warm does anyone know what correct fuel pressure should be? Thanks!

Welcome to this forum.
I recommend operating with fuel cap removed & shop towel covering fuel tank neck to determine if fuel tank has venting problem. I also suggest to check for clogged passageway in water separator housing.

Thank you for reply, I forgot to mention, I did try running without fuel cap on, but have not checked water Seperator lines, i can see a little air at top of fuel bowl when its running, about 3/8" air at top?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back