Landpride RCF2072 Bushhog

yank50

New User
I broke one 3" off one of the two blades on the bushing and it vibrates severely. What's the best way to get the nut off holding the blade on ? and what size is the nut on top of the blade bolt? It looks to me that if you spin the blade ring around till you see the nut and bolt holding the blade on, you can access it from the top deck through the hole in the deck. I assume an impact is necessary but I don't know what size the nut is.. also is it a metric air SAE size? Any help would be appreciated..

I broke one 3" off one of the two blades on the bushing and it vibrates severely. What's the best way to get the nut off holding the blade on ? and what size is the nut on top of the blade bolt? It looks to me that if you spin the blade ring around till you see the nut and bolt holding the blade on, you can access it from the top deck through the hole in the deck. I assume an impact is necessary but I don't know what size the nut is.. also is it a metric air SAE size? Any help would be appreciated..
An Operator's Manual will help you. Here is a link to one:

RCF2072 Operator's Manual.

The nut for a 1-1/8"bolt should use a 1-11/16" wrench/socket.

An in light of correctness you have a Landpride Rotary Cutter. Bushhog is a different manufacturer's brand name. ;)

An Operator's Manual will help you. Here is a link to one:

RCF2072 Operator's Manual.

The nut for a 1-1/8"bolt should use a 1-11/16" wrench/socket.

An in light of correctness you have a Landpride Rotary Cutter. Bushhog is a different manufacturer's brand name. ;)
Thanks for the info. Once I get a socket and a set of new blades I can get back to rotary cutting...kind-of like honey please hand me a Q-tip, oops do you mean an ear cleaning swap on a stick? I appreciate your prompt answer...

Thanks for the info. Once I get a socket and a set of new blades I can get back to rotary cutting...kind-of like honey please hand me a Q-tip, oops do you mean an ear cleaning swap on a stick? I appreciate your prompt answer...
Just call it a brush hog......that's what I call my land pride rotary cutter. Cuz technically finish mowers are rotary cutters also....glad he answered you though....be careful out there

Just call it a brush hog......that's what I call my land pride rotary cutter. Cuz technically finish mowers are rotary cutters also....glad he answered you though....be careful out there
Well I've used my air impact on the nut and they won't budge. I'm soaking the top of the threads with penetrant PBR. Just hope it's not a left handed thread otherwise I'm going the wrong way.. any opinions on best way to hammer it loose?

Well I've used my air impact on the nut and they won't budge. I'm soaking the top of the threads with penetrant PBR. Just hope it's not a left handed thread otherwise I'm going the wrong way.. any opinions on best way to hammer it loose?
According to the manual you are dealing with a locknut set to 450 foot pounds, that has been on (rusted) for a while. You will likely need a real good 1/2" air wrench or a 3/4 drive one. Do you have an oxy/acetylene torch to heat the nut up fast?

Thanks my air impact might not reach 450 ft lbs. So I'll continue to soak the top threads and find a longer cheater bar. Nothing is every easy...but I guess if it was just anybody could do it.. I might try getting my hands on a multiplier to increase my torque.

A big impact wrench or long cheater pipe are my weapons of choice. If neither works I have had to cut them off withva torch. TSC sells new ones.

A big impact wrench or long cheater pipe are my weapons of choice. If neither works I have had to cut them off withva torch. TSC sells new ones.
As said the nut is 450 ft. lbs on a Land Pride BRUSH HOG or rotary cutter. I have a 5 ft. and a 6 ft. I brought a Harbor Freight air impact that would work and run 180 lbs on my compressor and it would do the job. I tried the big long cheater bar and couldn't get it. I don't remember the model impact I got but it wasn.t the smallest and not the biggest but cost me 125 bucks a few years ago. I figured if it didn't work I take it back for a bigger one. Also it was cheaper than taking it to the dealer like the manual said to do.

Try a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone. Best penetrating oil going and CHEAP so you can use lots of it. Squirt some on it every time you walk by, might even smack it with a hammer too.

Have you tried you kids crayon? This does work. Heat the nut or where the threads are supper hot and them hold the crayon around the threads letting the wax melt into the threads. Let it cool a little and the try taking it loose. It will work a lot of the times. I have only had one time it didn't work of many, many times I have used the wax trick.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back