late 3020D steering problems

larryanderson

A guy called with side counsel 3020D power shift.He said when he first starts it up turns steering wheel all the way to right and when wheels catch up waits a minute and it works fine rest of day.I am assuming steering valve buy wondering if that is problem and how much to fix it. Was buying it for FFA/4-H student to use as Titan Tire restoration project.They receive 4 new tires for finishing project and exhibiting at fair. I sell them at my cost and its hard to put value on knowledge learned and try to buy ones that have an upside to make a profit. Family heirlooms are different but tractors that will bring over $10K done work best as easy to spend a few thousand to do it right.Sidecounsel JDs and IH 10/1466 work good.Hard to buy much right now Thanks!Always looking for nice tractors to buy.

It sounds more like the steering motor seals bad,, leaking off while setting, then when you load it back up with the start up the system is dealing with the leakage,, I bet if you went down a long stretch of road it would get wobbly ..

Had 1 the same way, thought like Tim do the steering motor. Ended up pulling the valve and had it rebuilt, a couple of o-rings had gotten tore/pinched. Now both are resealed.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back