Late model Ford 2000 Power steering fast turning to righ

I purchased a Ford 2000 a few years ago and stuck it back of the shed as a non running tractor. Dug it a couple of weeks ago. Have it running with new set of
points and Zenith carb. Runs good now but the power steering turns fast to the right. Any thoughts on what might be the issue and fix?

Ultradog. Thanks for the post on the Ford 5000 painting product question a gentleman had a couple of days ago. I hope to be painting the 2000 after the power
steering is working

Can you clarify what you mean by turning fast? I don't think that's a complaint that I've ever heard before. Do you mean that when you start turning it takes off and almost rips the steering wheel out of your hands? If so, you have a problem in the control valve area. My hunch is that the preload nut on top of the control valve has backed off which doesn't allow the control valve to be centered.

Bern, could it be the bottom bearing is worn out and the shaft is dropping too low? keeping it engaged till you screw it back the other way..

Bern and Sox,

Upon starting the tractor the steering wheel drifts on its own (turns) to the right until the wheels fully turn in that direction. I leave my hands off the steering wheel and it moves in that direction. If I hold and turn the steering wheel myself. It operates and feels like it should I can turn L or R

Does this help?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back