ok.. got off work and put some time in on the tractor.
welde d up a couple cracks in the bucket and added a couple more bucket chain hooks to her.. so now have (4) 2 on top and 2 on side..... tried beating the stud out again.. ende dup dilling a hole thru it, ( removed from tractor ) and then tried a press.. but couldn't get it into t he press good.. ground the head off the stud and then blew the center out with the smoke wrench then air hammerd the slug back and foth a bit and popepd out nicely.
man it is nice having a loader with down pressure.. lift front.. add jack stands.. lower tractor
got the brakes adjusted nicely.. left was just dragging a hair.. enough to groan a bit in reverse. one click back left it with good positive brakes, and no drag.
added a concrete 3pt counterweight and a telescoping stabilizer bar to the rear.
At this point she is 'work ready'
I have identified 1 more hose i will want to replace soon.. and have it waiting in the shop. it is just chaffed a lil bit.. probably last another 5 yrs since i got a spare in the barn...
still starts up good.. even after I traded out an odd looking ignition ressitor for something I had of a known value.. might have been ok.. but not taking any chances. red idiot lamp for the 1 wire (now 3 ) alternator is doin it's job fine.
I may get a round fed out tonight and will then load her up so wednesday I can take her out to the farm and feed out about 3-4 more rounds.
did pretty good. hooking up the concrete 3pt weight using pry bars to move it around i only slipped and flew flat on my back 1 time..
soundguy
welde d up a couple cracks in the bucket and added a couple more bucket chain hooks to her.. so now have (4) 2 on top and 2 on side..... tried beating the stud out again.. ende dup dilling a hole thru it, ( removed from tractor ) and then tried a press.. but couldn't get it into t he press good.. ground the head off the stud and then blew the center out with the smoke wrench then air hammerd the slug back and foth a bit and popepd out nicely.
man it is nice having a loader with down pressure.. lift front.. add jack stands.. lower tractor
got the brakes adjusted nicely.. left was just dragging a hair.. enough to groan a bit in reverse. one click back left it with good positive brakes, and no drag.
added a concrete 3pt counterweight and a telescoping stabilizer bar to the rear.
At this point she is 'work ready'
I have identified 1 more hose i will want to replace soon.. and have it waiting in the shop. it is just chaffed a lil bit.. probably last another 5 yrs since i got a spare in the barn...
still starts up good.. even after I traded out an odd looking ignition ressitor for something I had of a known value.. might have been ok.. but not taking any chances. red idiot lamp for the 1 wire (now 3 ) alternator is doin it's job fine.
I may get a round fed out tonight and will then load her up so wednesday I can take her out to the farm and feed out about 3-4 more rounds.
did pretty good. hooking up the concrete 3pt weight using pry bars to move it around i only slipped and flew flat on my back 1 time..
soundguy